FlashFoward and V - maybe ABC should own SyFy!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

StarRider1701

Has anyone else been watching FlashForward? I like it and am surprised that no one else has started a thread about it here. It is deep and dark, very realistic and interesting for network television Science Fiction. What does everyone else think of FlashForward, I'm interested in hearing your opinion.

And V is back, very much like the original which I liked, but with a couple of new twists. I don't remember a V underground who was helping and working with humans against the Visitors. The old Vs didn't have that cool camera-patch on thier shirts. Plus the FX are a lot better today...

The SyFy channel has been going to heck for years, NBC screwed up the Stargate Franchise and so far thier new version of Stargate - Universe is nothing but a bad soap opera with cool background scenery.

A

a_lost_packet_

StarRider1701":2cdsqops said:
Has anyone else been watching FlashForward?

Never heard of it. What's it about?

And V is back, very much like the original which I liked, but with a couple of new twists. I don't remember a V underground who was helping and working with humans against the Visitors. The old Vs didn't have that cool camera-patch on thier shirts. Plus the FX are a lot better today...

I think there were some Vs that sympathized with the humans in the old series. Or, at least worked to help them, possibly due to some internal leadership struggles.

The SyFy channel has been going to heck for years, NBC screwed up the Stargate Franchise and so far thier new version of Stargate - Universe is nothing but a bad soap opera with cool background scenery.

SyFy has been sucking badly. I'm sick of it turning into the "C Movie Monster Channel" with completely ridiculous SyFy produced content.

I haven't even been watching Caprica though, I probably should as I hear good things about it.. at least, as good as can be expected. But, I do miss Galactica.. :(

The last SyFy produced effort I saw that I really liked was "The Lost Room." (Besides Galatica, btw) But, the ending was less than fulfilling. Yet, the miniseries was good enough to start several fanbases out there. So, others liked it as well. It's possible, if they had done it right, to have turned it into a series. I don't know if that was ever their intention though.

H

HRacct

When I saw that "V" was on SI/FI,(?), I recorded both the shows and the series. Then I watched the first new show and was personally disappointed. It had become somewhat of a soap opera or something similar to that. But it did not have the same punch as the original.

Any reason the channel was renamed to its present name. It just doesn't look the same to me.

O

OleNewt

Crap, and I was so looking forward to watching Flash Forward. The book was awesome, though. Mass unconsciousness leading to premonitions of the future, and all centering around an experiment that seems to prove that the Higgs bosun was real!

S

StarRider1701

a_lost_packet_":aa96d16q said:
StarRider1701":aa96d16q said:
Has anyone else been watching FlashForward?

Never heard of it. What's it about?

On October 6, 2009 everyone on the planet blacked out for 137 seconds. As one might expect, with everyone unconsious, cars, busses, planes etc crashed causing much havoc - 20 million people worldwide died.
But, during that 137 second blackout most people had visions. Investigations showed that those visions seemed to be real events that would occur on April 29, 2010. Some didn't have visions, these people are presumed to have died prior to that date.
Main character is an FBI Agent who was given lead on investigating the blackouts and what, if anything the FlashForward visions mean. His parter is one who did not have a vision and partner's girlfriend's vision was of his funeral.
On a camera at a ball game in Detroit, one man is seen to be awake during the blackout. Further investigation proved he was on the phone to someone else, who also didn't black out.
They are trying to figure out who or what caused the blackout and if it will happen again.

In my opinion they have an interesting mix of characters and several storylines that are strangely interwoven.
One FBI agent's vision showed him to be responsible for the death of a woman. He found the woman and discovered that she was a young mother with 2 young children. Rather than be the instrument of her death, he killed himself, proving that the visions of the future could be changed.

S

StarRider1701

HRacct":29tfqaqq said:
Any reason the channel was renamed to its present name. It just doesn't look the same to me.

They changed the SciFi channel to SyFy last year in an effort to appear more edgy to the younger crowd! Also so they don't have to worry about producing any Science Fiction. Half of the crap they air has absolutely nothing to do with Science Fiction and it appears that they are moving away from the SciFi market.
I too miss Galactica, I must admit I liked the old and the new one. At least they ended the new BSG well, I liked the final episode and where and when the last human remnants of the 13 colonies ended up. I have not watched Caprica, other than about half an episode a couple of weeks ago. Seems like a soap to me...
Stargate Universe had such promise, but so far they've crapped that up, too. I'm hoping it gets better when the second half of the first season starts back up next month...

M

Mee_n_Mac

silylene":37pfgo0q said:
Yes, Flash Forward is very good !

I just caught a "recap" episode and it looked intriguing. I'll have to catch up and watch the rest of the season. Looks to be a replacement for Lost.

P

pmn1

Talk about twists and turns.....some of which were a bit obvious...... :)

S

StarRider1701

pmn1":1c9zi4fn said:
Talk about twists and turns.....some of which were a bit obvious...... :)

Nothing wrong with obvious, it adds a bit of reality to the show. In real life not every twist and turn of events ends up heading off in a totally unexpected direction! ;)

C

Cosmicvoid

StarRider1701":29y5nhgs said:
What does everyone else think of FlashForward, I'm interested in hearing your opinion.
I like it a lot, I've watched every episode, except for the most recent two (the recap and the 2 hr resumption), which are waiting patiently on my DVR. A few of the earlier episodes were a little boring, but in the weeks before the hiatus they were a lot more interesting. My favorite episode so far: "Believe" (the Japanese woman in Bryce Varley's flash).

S

StarRider1701

V is also back and will be airing again soon. I liked the idea of having a few episodes as a sort of teaser then resuming the show a few months later. I watched all the V episodes and liked them, will be watching when it comes back on.
What does everyone think of the new V?

S

StarRider1701

doublehelix":y7ea2mpc said:
Love Flash Forward, V, and LOST. -dh

Ok, V has been split off to the other thread and I never got into Lost, so I guess this is the Flash Forward thread.
Flash Forward is getting really interesting, they are closing in on what appears to be the person who caused the blackouts. Not going to go into any further spoiler details, but a second event occured which proved that the future as seen in the blackout visions are not necessarily set in stone, they can be changed. I'm liking Flash Forward, its a good show, different.

J

JeffreyNYA

I think Flashforward is a great show. I bet there will be some interesting twists in the up coming episodes with the person they suspect.

D

doublehelix

Re: FlashFoward maybe ABC should own SyFy!?!

I watched the latest episode yesterday on Hulu. Thought it was great! I found the twist to be very interesting and am looking forward to see how it will pan out. I hope certain people's futures can be altered, cos I like the storyline attached to them, as well as their characters.

I look forward to more episodes!

These days I watch (via Hulu) mostly ABC shows - they seem the most interesting. I hope ABC continues to air great SciFi shows.

-dh

J

JonClarke

I am deeply disgusted that local TV has not seen fit to screen it this year. A great shame as it was an intriguing notion and had great characters.

S

StarRider1701

JonClarke":26ao0z4x said:
I am deeply disgusted that local TV has not seen fit to screen it this year. A great shame as it was an intriguing notion and had great characters.

So they don't air Flash Forward where you are? Can you maybe watch on HULU as dh does? You are correct, it is a good concept with good characters and storylines. Well worth watching if you can.

F

FlatEarth

The only TV I watch besides science programs on the Science Channel and Nat Geo are Lost, V, and Flash Forward. In my opinion, Lost is by far the most intelligently written one. V is pretty good except I have a problem with the idea that alien reptilians could fall in love and successfully mate with a human. :? I like the premise of Flash Forward, but there's too much stupid stuff going on. I may drop that one. I did watch Galactica, but what I've seen of Caprica left me cold. It's definitely no frakkin BG! ;)

S

StarRider1701

Wow, FlashForward is getting really good. Not only talking about the Blackout, how and why was it done, but now they are delving into multiple universes, Blackout experiments on Savants used to predict the future, all kinds of wierd stuff. Lots of twists and re-twists. FlashForward is quickly becomming one of my favorite shows...

Status
Not open for further replies.