For Richard Branson, Burt Rutan, Paul Allen & Others

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

john_316

<br />I know that alot of posters here appreciate what you are doing for the space tourism business and with T/Space the possible entry in resupply to the ISS and other mudane things for space exploration. <br /><br />However cost is the biggest factors in the grand designs for space applications. So I provided a few ideas here so that you may make a cost analysis and see if the cost is worth it.<br /><br />Everyone mentions a space hotel and regular tourist flights to space but we know you have to pay the Russians in order to visit the ISS in that way. But I offer the time old incentive of why not do it yourselves.<br /><br />I imagine with Burts ingenuity you can build the T/Space Capsule and a SpaceShip2 for either ISS applications or perhaps for a Space Hotel built from an inflatibale space habitat. Sound familiar?<br /><br />I understand that it would take millions if not billions in private funds to do but perhaps government might even pay a 25% subsidy. I say that amount because the US Gov wont go any higher than that IMHO. <br /><br />But then again you gentlemen do have several friends in business who may be also interested in making some profit or some recognition. Mr Musk, Mr Gates, Mr Fossett, and Mr Turner just to name a few.<br /><br />Yes we can see the adds now; Microsoft, TBN, and Ebay/Paypay advertisements on your new shiny rockets but hey if Pepsi and Coke go there then why can't you.<br /><br />The idea of the T/space on orbit capsule is a novel idea and with a possible common docking adapter an asset to space flight because of possible use as both CTV and a possible Emergency Life Boat to any space station on orbit.<br /><br />So perhaps if you fund not only your spaceflight activities with Virgin Galactic but also With T/Space and other start up space companies you will succeed and garner competition in the business and this will eventually drive the costs down to an affordable level for the blue collar worker who could perhaps find work on a lunar mining facil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts