Forums are slow to load

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mee_n_Mac

Is it just my system or are the SDC forums incredibly slow this AM ? It's 20+ secs for a page to load. I'm guessing it's related to whatever had the site down earlier this week.

C

CommonMan

It's not your computer. I'm at work and it's slow here too. If I were at home I might think it was my computer.

N

neuvik

Gets slow for me as well. Pages get half loaded and stop. But then on another tab I can just refresh any web page I'm looking at perfectly.

A

a_lost_packet_

<bump> 8/05-06

The forums... they are slooooow..

It takes me almost a minute to load a page and sometimes a couple of minutes to submit a post.

All other computer activity, etc, is normal. It's my connection to SDC or SDC itself that is... slow. I've noticed this occurring on a fairly regular basis, but it usually clears up and is usually only late at night. I had assumed the board was being backed up or some such and didn't mind that at all. It now seems to be a constant part of my SDC experience on the 5'th and 6'th.

Just a headsup in case there's an unknown issue out there...

M

MeteorWayne

It has been slow this morning since I woke up around 6 AM EDT.

Can't speak to yesterday since I had my own computer issues to deal with.

D

doublehelix

Oh yes, everything is s-l-o-w. We're definitely aware and our people are working on it. Apologies for the inconvenience, I know it can sometimes make you want to tear your hair out. :eek:

Hopefully things will improve as the day goes on. Thanks for your patience.

-dh

D

doublehelix

And... we're back! Again, thanks for your patience.

-dh

A

a_lost_packet_

doublehelix":moa7v1rg said:
Oh yes, everything is s-l-o-w. We're definitely aware and our people are working on it. Apologies for the inconvenience, I know it can sometimes make you want to tear your hair out. :eek:

Hopefully things will improve as the day goes on. Thanks for your patience.

-dh

Make me want to tear MY hair out?

Heck noes! I'm fighting for every one of them suckers! They're troublesome enough as it is. Just between us, I think they're going AWOL when I'm not looking.

Thanks for the update! Teh boards.. tehy is alive!

M

MeteorWayne

Hi Folks, I'm sure everyone noticed, but the SDC forum was completely hosed all day today. As of 9 PM EDT, it appears to be back up and running. They knew about the problem this morning, but it took a long time to fix. I will monitor for a while as I catch up on my posts.

Meteor Wayne.

D

doublehelix

Yes, we had people working on the problem(s) all day. I'm glad it's fixed! I apologize for the inconvenience, too - I imagine it was pretty frustrating.

-dh

M

Mee_n_Mac

It seems to be baaack. Perhaps 50% of the time I find the page stalls. I have to stop the loading and do a refresh. Then it almost always loads immediately. Again it looks to be waiting for an ad to be served up for my viewing pleasure.

D

doublehelix

Hmm... I am not experiencing this on a PC running XP. M_n_M, remind me what OS and browser you're using? I wonder if the problem is ad-related...

-dh

A

adrenalynn

Been slower than the second coming for me off-and-on today. OS independent. Some issues for you in SaltLake at the XMISSION-LC border router. Ping times range from 32ms to 1500+ time-out on the TTL.

A

adrenalynn

No worries, DH!

Probably as simple as someone needing to brandish a fire-axe in the vicinity of the router and it'll appreciate that it needs to start carrying its load. ;)

D

doublehelix

It also might be a mondo traffic spike overwhelming the server a bit, which I understand has happened twice today.

-dh

A

adrenalynn

That's always a possibility, and if it's legitimate - CONGRATS!

If it's a focused DOS - My Condolences! :)

There was a temporary slowness earlier today, during & just after the NASA Deep Impact / Epoxi update, but seems fine now.

Andrew.

M

Mee_n_Mac

3488":248ngr5t said:
There was a temporary slowness earlier today, during & just after the NASA Deep Impact / Epoxi update, but seems fine now.

Andrew.

I've yet to see the problem reappear today. Let's see what happens when I get home. Maybe it twas just a glitch in the matrix.

blackcat-lilith.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.