Forums

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

booyah

He means (I think) that ok,<br />"Hey your reaching 95%up in the air! Prepare to come down!"<br />instead of <br />"Hey your reaching speeds of mach 20! Shut down your engines to prepare to comd down!"

B

booyah

He means (I think) that ok,<br />"Hey your reaching 95%up in the air! Prepare to come down!"<br />instead of <br />"Hey your reaching speeds of mach 20! Shut down your engines to prepare to comd down!"

R

remcook

"WOW! Thats like Mac 10 or somthing! "<br /><br />it's actually quote useless to speak of Mach numbers in space, because the speed of sound is zero there. Mach number is the velocity divided by the speed of sound. The speed of sound changes with air density, so for one certain velocity, the Mach number changes for instance with altitude.

R

remcook

"WOW! Thats like Mac 10 or somthing! "<br /><br />it's actually quote useless to speak of Mach numbers in space, because the speed of sound is zero there. Mach number is the velocity divided by the speed of sound. The speed of sound changes with air density, so for one certain velocity, the Mach number changes for instance with altitude.

S

Saiph

Arobie: Actually, the PC-based was a play on words.<br /><br />Igor said: WOW! Thats like <i>Mac</i> 10 or somthing! <br /><br />Instead of <i>Mach</i> 10.<br /><br /><br />I'd also argue that, while Mach ratings are moot in space, they're still useful in conveying the sheer speed to the laymen. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

S

Saiph

Arobie: Actually, the PC-based was a play on words.<br /><br />Igor said: WOW! Thats like <i>Mac</i> 10 or somthing! <br /><br />Instead of <i>Mach</i> 10.<br /><br /><br />I'd also argue that, while Mach ratings are moot in space, they're still useful in conveying the sheer speed to the laymen. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

C

craig_mcgill

There were a few problems with it - like the fact that there is no way you would send people off to the other side of the universe and just leave them, without some provision made for communication back and forth.<br /><br />But definitely enough there to have me coming back for more.

C

craig_mcgill

There were a few problems with it - like the fact that there is no way you would send people off to the other side of the universe and just leave them, without some provision made for communication back and forth.<br /><br />But definitely enough there to have me coming back for more.

R

redracer02

The thing I can't figure out is, if the city ran out of power and the force field collapsed (or almost did) causing it to rise the surface, what is holding it up?<br /><br /><br />And why didn't Sheppard take that one weapon that he stabbed that one wraith with.<br /><br />My guest is while the wraith can regenerate and seem to be able to do it quicker when "feeding", their regeneration probably slows down the more wounded they are and the longer its been between meals.<br /><br />But why did the one wraith die, she had just feed? Maybe the weapon?

R

redracer02

The thing I can't figure out is, if the city ran out of power and the force field collapsed (or almost did) causing it to rise the surface, what is holding it up?<br /><br /><br />And why didn't Sheppard take that one weapon that he stabbed that one wraith with.<br /><br />My guest is while the wraith can regenerate and seem to be able to do it quicker when "feeding", their regeneration probably slows down the more wounded they are and the longer its been between meals.<br /><br />But why did the one wraith die, she had just feed? Maybe the weapon?

R

redracer02

Now they did say that they had power generators that were able to power the lights but not the shields.<br /><br />I had wondered about that too. Of course when the humans fought them this first time, there was only one "leader" the rest were sleeping. I guess we'll see.

R

redracer02

Now they did say that they had power generators that were able to power the lights but not the shields.<br /><br />I had wondered about that too. Of course when the humans fought them this first time, there was only one "leader" the rest were sleeping. I guess we'll see.

R

redracer02

Are both SG1 and Atlantis on tonight?<br /><br />yes I could simply look it up, but I thought this thread needed a bump.

R

redracer02

Are both SG1 and Atlantis on tonight?<br /><br />yes I could simply look it up, but I thought this thread needed a bump.

R

redracer02

OK, you forced me to do it.<br /><br />They are both on tonight.

R

redracer02

OK, you forced me to do it.<br /><br />They are both on tonight.

R

redracer02

And the doctor isn't even a main character, just a supporting one.<br /><br />I too thought it was bland. Move the civies further away, the kids just get in the way. When do we get to see them going to more worlds to look for the power units. They are there to explore, do it already.<br /><br />And what the hell, the "shadow" all dark on the outside, but inside all light and pretty?<br /><br />I guess it was character development.<br /><br />Now SG1 was pretty good. Anubus must be a fairly powerful guy, even when dead. Will he be able to keep that body alive, will he escape from whatever world it was?

R

redracer02

And the doctor isn't even a main character, just a supporting one.<br /><br />I too thought it was bland. Move the civies further away, the kids just get in the way. When do we get to see them going to more worlds to look for the power units. They are there to explore, do it already.<br /><br />And what the hell, the "shadow" all dark on the outside, but inside all light and pretty?<br /><br />I guess it was character development.<br /><br />Now SG1 was pretty good. Anubus must be a fairly powerful guy, even when dead. Will he be able to keep that body alive, will he escape from whatever world it was?

R

reedyreed

WHEN DREAMERS BECOME DOERS-<br /><br /><br />Dreamers of the world…….lets unite with Luna’s light!<br />For when dreamers become doers and doers become leaders,<br />Then all will follow the voice of justice and truth<br />All will see how wonderful it can be….to feel totally free.<br /><br />When children grow to become lovers and lovers become friends….<br />Then this world we live in will never have an end.<br />When all see the light in all of it’s might,<br />The glow will surround her face and give us our place<br />When all can see the truth and feel the desire,<br />Then all will feel the joy that love can inspire…<br />It inspires our hearts, our souls and our mind,<br />It leads us to the Promised Land….<br />It leads us out of time (Far beyond the inner planets)<br /><br />When true love and happiness are sustained in all….<br />It is then that the inner voice of God will speak in the hall<br />When every nation turns and looks within to find the truth,<br />It is then that they will see the wisdom and the power of our youth.<br />The youth of the world are the future of the skies<br />They tell us so much, they will lead us to try.<br />So try to become like children in heart and in mind<br />Then this feeling of love will carry us through time.<br />It will carry us above the mountains, the rivers and the seas<br />It will show all who believe how wonderful life can be.<br /><br />Yes, this feeling of love turns us into a child<br />It tames our hearts that were once careless and wild.<br />So when dreamers become doers and doers become leaders….<br />And when children grow to become lovers….<br />And lovers become friends…<br />Then the feelings will be real and the broken hearts will heal<br />And when the hearts are healed and the light shines through,<br />She becomes he and he becomes you<br />For the feeling of love will become timeless and true.<br /><br />It will carry us through, beyond and above<br />It will take us to the heavens and to the moon…..<br />It will carry us to Love.<br></br>

R

reedyreed

WHEN DREAMERS BECOME DOERS-<br /><br /><br />Dreamers of the world…….lets unite with Luna’s light!<br />For when dreamers become doers and doers become leaders,<br />Then all will follow the voice of justice and truth<br />All will see how wonderful it can be….to feel totally free.<br /><br />When children grow to become lovers and lovers become friends….<br />Then this world we live in will never have an end.<br />When all see the light in all of it’s might,<br />The glow will surround her face and give us our place<br />When all can see the truth and feel the desire,<br />Then all will feel the joy that love can inspire…<br />It inspires our hearts, our souls and our mind,<br />It leads us to the Promised Land….<br />It leads us out of time (Far beyond the inner planets)<br /><br />When true love and happiness are sustained in all….<br />It is then that the inner voice of God will speak in the hall<br />When every nation turns and looks within to find the truth,<br />It is then that they will see the wisdom and the power of our youth.<br />The youth of the world are the future of the skies<br />They tell us so much, they will lead us to try.<br />So try to become like children in heart and in mind<br />Then this feeling of love will carry us through time.<br />It will carry us above the mountains, the rivers and the seas<br />It will show all who believe how wonderful life can be.<br /><br />Yes, this feeling of love turns us into a child<br />It tames our hearts that were once careless and wild.<br />So when dreamers become doers and doers become leaders….<br />And when children grow to become lovers….<br />And lovers become friends…<br />Then the feelings will be real and the broken hearts will heal<br />And when the hearts are healed and the light shines through,<br />She becomes he and he becomes you<br />For the feeling of love will become timeless and true.<br /><br />It will carry us through, beyond and above<br />It will take us to the heavens and to the moon…..<br />It will carry us to Love.<br></br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts