Question General term for "Asteroid belt"

If the Asteroid belt and Kuiper Belt are the names of specific rings of meteoroids in the Solar system. What's the general term for one of those? Is there one? Am I posting in the right forum? This is my first thread in this, or any, forum.

If there isn't any agreed upon term, then I'd like to know what you'd call it. "Meteoroid belt" sounds the most logical.

"Belt" is the general term. There are all kinds of belts. The objects in the asteroid belts are a whole different type than the objects in the Kuiper belt. "Belt" is at limited range of radii, located in a plane. "Cloud" is not limited to one plane, can be any radius. "Disk" is any belt with only a small hole in the center.

"Belt" is the general term. There are all kinds of belts. The objects in the asteroid belts are a whole different type than the objects in the Kuiper belt. "Belt" is at limited range of radii, located in a plane. "Cloud" is not limited to one plane, can be any radius. "Disk" is any belt with only a small hole in the center.
Good. But I wouldn't call the super massive black / white / pale (as in "ride a pale horse!") hole in the center of galaxies "a small hole."
-------------------------

"It's an 'Infinite MULTIVERSE Universe'."

It depends on your definition of "small". The area occupied by a black hole or even a star at the center of an accretion disc is very large. But we don't speak of an "accretion halo", we say "accretion disc". This is because the hole is small relative to the outer diameter of the disc. If the hole is big relative to the OD, it is called a halo, if the hole is small or non-existant we refer to it as a disc.

It depends on your definition of "small". The area occupied by a black hole or even a star at the center of an accretion disc is very large. But we don't speak of an "accretion halo", we say "accretion disc". This is because the hole is small relative to the outer diameter of the disc. If the hole is big relative to the OD, it is called a halo, if the hole is small or non-existant we refer to it as a disc.
The "singularity" (quantum singularity!) extends to all you describe, Bill.

Latest posts