Gliese 710... WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anglocowboy

I just read an article about how Gliese 710 will come within 1.1 light years of our sun.&nbsp; Pretty cool!&nbsp; My question is: How bright would&nbsp;it be in our night time sky at that distance?&nbsp; They also say that it will not significantly disturb our Oort cloud enough to propel long period comets into the inner solar system.&nbsp; Do you believe this? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> "Make like Siamese twins and split... and then one of you die." </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I just read an article about how Gliese 710 will come within 1.1 light years of our sun.&nbsp; Pretty cool!&nbsp; My question is: How bright would&nbsp;it be in our night time sky at that distance?&nbsp; They also say that it will not significantly disturb our Oort cloud enough to propel long period comets into the inner solar system.&nbsp; Do you believe this? <br />Posted by Anglocowboy</DIV><br /><br />At closest approach it will be a first-magnitude star about as bright as Antares.</p><p>Note that will be about 1.4 million years from now...</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.