GTA (Toronto) anyone?

New to this forum, so hoping this post is okay. This is probably a long shot - I'm looking to converse with folks similar to me about topics such as astrophysics/quantum mechanics/space exploration/metaphysics. Just email initially but it would be cool if there was a remote possibility to meet people with similar interests in my area (GTA/Toronto). I'm wedged between work and married life (with kids) and I don't seem to otherwise have an opportunity to chat with people who have similar interests.
My wife glazes over when I try to talk about these topics. My coworkers walk away if I even hint at them.
I'm not formally educated in these topics (unless you consider podcasts as formal education), however I'm still very interested in trying to understand the universe and my role in it - if that makes any sense.
If you're interested in these topics too and would like to converse over email please message me!

Reactions: Truthseeker007

MMohammed

Community Manager
Oct 10, 2019
Visit site
Podcasts are an awesome way to learn anything. Welcome, bud! So, I have to ask...what are some of these topics that are getting your coworkers to walk away?

Podcasts are great and I listen to about 1000 hours of them a year. I converse with real people about these topics approx. 0 hours a year, so looking to balance that out a little.

I can't talk to coworkers (or my wife) about anything related to the fundamental nature of the universe, including the very big (astrophysics) and the very small (quantum mechanics)... I don't know why people I know are so adverse to the these important general topics.

Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
Podcasts are great and I listen to about 1000 hours of them a year. I converse with real people about these topics approx. 0 hours a year, so looking to balance that out a little.

I can't talk to coworkers (or my wife) about anything related to the fundamental nature of the universe, including the very big (astrophysics) and the very small (quantum mechanics)... I don't know why people I know are so adverse to the these important general topics.

I found mainly because people are brain dead about any of these subjects. :D They always know the winners of the ball games and the last good movies though. I think the human race is really in trouble. Because instead of getting smarter we seem to be getting stupider.lol! I think mainly because the Powers That Be want a dumbed down population because they are easier to control and manipulate. Not to mention schools pretty much train us to be non thinking androids.