Hanna moved east. Roll to pad Thursday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shuttle_guy

<p>We are planning to roll the stack to pad A this Thursday since Hanna has changed course.</p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

B

bpcooper

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>We are planning to roll the stack to pad A this Thursday since Hanna has changed course.&nbsp; <br /> Posted by shuttle_guy</DIV></p><p>It looks like they are targetting 10am Thursday now. Any idea why 10am with possible afternoon t-storms? </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>-Ben</p> </div>

B

bobble_bob

So does that mean Oct 8th remains a feasible target launch date? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>So does that mean Oct 8th remains a feasible target launch date? <br />Posted by bobble_bob</DIV><br /><br />From what shuttle_guy said in the Hubble SM-4 thread, no. They have already used up 4 days beyond the 3 contingency days that had been built in. That was based on&nbsp; Sept 6 rollout, perhaps 2 days have been regained if it occurs tomorrow as planned. </p><p>I'm sure though, they will take a final look at Hanna's developments before pulling the trigger tomorrow morning.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

B

bobble_bob

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>From what shuttle_guy said in the Hubble SM-4 thread, no. They have already used up 4 days beyond the 3 contingency days that had been built in. <br />Posted by MeteorWayne</DIV><br /><br />Damn it :(</p><p>Will be in London if they move the launch a few days. This happened a couple of years ago too. Launch was delayed by a day and i was in London during launch with no net access. Just not meant to be :(</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

shuttle_guy

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>It looks like they are targetting 10am Thursday now. Any idea why 10am with possible afternoon t-storms? <br />Posted by bpcooper</DIV></p><p>I think the reason is the earliest the "Move Crew" personel&nbsp;can be rescheduled and the time required to ready the MLP/crawler for the move. </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

shuttle_guy

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>So does that mean Oct 8th remains a feasible target launch date? <br />Posted by bobble_bob</DIV></p><p>I think the earliest launch attempt will be Oct. 10th. We will know after the dust settles from the move to the pad.&nbsp;<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I think the earliest launch attempt will be Oct. 10th. We will know after the dust settles from the move to the pad.&nbsp; <br />Posted by shuttle_guy</DIV><br /><br />Better dust than another 10 or 15 inches of wind driven rain! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts