Heim's Theory of Everything

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chesh

A few minor failures of the peer review publication process does not in any way undermine those enormous numbers of times when it did work and worked to correct problems.<br /><br />The Sokal episode is in fact an example of the corrective processes going on.<br /><br />Any one can conclude anything about the scientific method if they ignore enough of the facts.

M

makuabob

Ummm,... The Korean cloning episode is a good recent example. Lots of peer review there, to no avail.<br /><br />If you actually read the scientific journals, you will see retractions rather frequently. Also, many authors can choose from a list of potential reviewers--sort of like jury selection--for their article(s).<br /><br />It's like a toll road; if you want to "use" it, you got to pay the troll,... uh, toll.<br /><br /> And, if your work is truly ground-breaking, you have no peers. This is very much the case with Burkhard Heim's work.

M

makuabob

"As such, it's a valid scientific model about how the universe arose." It is more realistic to say that it is the "FAVORED scientific model." <br /><br />The Big Bang has problems. Inflation is one of them. It HAS to have happened for the Big Bang to work yet it is counterintuitive AND unexplainable!<br /><br />And, there is an oddity in the CMB. A paper by three scientists explains (in a complicated statistical analysis that I can't follow perfectly) that there is a non-Gaussian anomaly in the Cosmic Microwave Background. The method that was used (I'll ask my niece send me a copy or a link to an on-line posting) located where the anomaly was and the paper had a graphical representation of the non-Gaussian area.<br /><br />Grab ahold of something!... The image showed an ellipse; a very nicely shaped ring, viewed somewhat edgewise.<br /><br />What in the hell is something like that doing in the CMB?!<br /><br />I'll find the paper or post the image from it (if that is possible w/o copyright problems).

Y

yevaud

Not graphical, but this is probably what you're referring to.<br /><br />Citebase: Anomalies in the Low CMB Multipoles and Extended Foregrounds<br /><br />Also several other related abstracts at the bottom of that page.<br /><br />Hope this helps. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

Y

yevaud

It rang a bell. I browse ArviX and Citebase time to time, and sort of remembered it.<br /><br />*Oh my God, I am a middle-aged science geek* <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

M

makuabob

" 'A new mobilizing factor may be the success in reproducing [17] the size and direction of the gravitomagnetic field effect of Martin Tajmar et al.' "<br /><br />Tajmar and De Matos have refined their equipment and raised the signal-to-noise ratio from 3:1 to 15:1. That gravity can be made to come and go at will is a fact that is not going away. The established laws of physics did NOT predict such an event.<br /><br />A peephole has been opened into a bigger, more complex and interesting universe thanks to Burkhard Heim's theory and the work of Tajmar and De Matos.<br /><br />Better fasten your seat belt and bring your seat backs and tray tables to their full upright position. We are about to take off.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts