Hollow, metal/artificial, or just unexplainable???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 28, 2021
Visit site
When the Lunar Lander was intentionally crashed into our moon, the lander caused the moon to ring like a bell for over an hour. Why?

Those who from Heaven, to earth came/The truth is out there (& here as well)

Ancient One

Reactions: Jim DeMaio

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
I hope we are not talking UNscience fiction here:

"Between 1969 and 1977, seismometers installed on the Moon by the Apollo missions recorded moonquakes. The Moon was described as "ringing like a bell" during some of those quakes, specifically the shallow ones. This phrase was brought to popular attention in March 1970, in an article in Popular Science." Google/Wiki

"The Hollow Moon concept is similar to the better-known Hollow Earth hypothesis, which was a recurring plot device in pre-spaceflight science fiction. The first discussion of a hollow Earth was by scientist Edmond Halley in 1692, while the first publication to mention a hollow Moon was not until H. G. Wells' 1901 novel The First Men in the Moon."

Apollo expeditions to the Moon 12.3:
"The best guess was that the Moon was composed of rubble a lot deeper below its surface than anybody had assumed. The internal structure, being fractured instead of a solid mass, could bounce the seismic energy from piece to piece for quite a while."

This effect is also known on Earth:
"Seismic waves from the biggest earthquakes (over magnitude 8.3) can bounce around inside the earth for up to a month. This makes the earth "ring". However, you need special instruments to hear the ring because the tone is very low — about 1 cycle per hour." Wiki

Maybe geologists/seismologists have a different perspective on the word ring. Perhaps a synonym for vibrate - even at low frequencies. Sorry if this is bad news for any "hollow Earth" watchers.

Cat :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim DeMaio
Mar 28, 2021
Visit site
I hope we are not talking UNscience fiction here:

"Between 1969 and 1977, seismometers installed on the Moon by the Apollo missions recorded moonquakes. The Moon was described as "ringing like a bell" during some of those quakes, specifically the shallow ones. This phrase was brought to popular attention in March 1970, in an article in Popular Science." Google/Wiki

"The Hollow Moon concept is similar to the better-known Hollow Earth hypothesis, which was a recurring plot device in pre-spaceflight science fiction. The first discussion of a hollow Earth was by scientist Edmond Halley in 1692, while the first publication to mention a hollow Moon was not until H. G. Wells' 1901 novel The First Men in the Moon."

Apollo expeditions to the Moon 12.3:
"The best guess was that the Moon was composed of rubble a lot deeper below its surface than anybody had assumed. The internal structure, being fractured instead of a solid mass, could bounce the seismic energy from piece to piece for quite a while."

This effect is also known on Earth:
"Seismic waves from the biggest earthquakes (over magnitude 8.3) can bounce around inside the earth for up to a month. This makes the earth "ring". However, you need special instruments to hear the ring because the tone is very low — about 1 cycle per hour." Wiki

Maybe geologists/seismologists have a different perspective on the word ring. Perhaps a synonym for vibrate - even at low frequencies. Sorry if this is bad news for any "hollow Earth" watchers.

Cat :)

"... guess ..." :) -- Like a nose, everyone has one. :)

How deep is the moon's deepest crater?

:) ("It all depends on what your definition of the word 'is' is?") :) :)

Ours is not to reason why, .../Are you saying we should automatically believe everything NASA/our gov. tells us?

...,, but you're probably right, as they would have no logical reason to ever lie to us, & never have before.

Don't get me/facts, data & common sense wrong, most humans can't handle the 'truth', & if I were NASA/our gov., I'd lie to the unwashed masses as well, just not so often, big, & obviously carelessly.

Truth/change comes slowly to Mayberry, but it surely/eventually comes. Release it slowly, & it rattles a lot less cages, perceptions & attitudes. If I don't want Russia, China or Iran to know our secrets, I sure don't want the 'average American' to know them, because Russia, China & Iran would surely know them, & a lot more. If I can't trust Trump with those secrets (& more, & I can't/don't), I sure can't trust Russia, China or Iran with them.

Yikes!

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021
Visit site
No comment necessary.

The astronaughts agree with me as well, most of them anyway. The cosmonaughts are afraid of mother Russia, as well they should be. Releasing such information might cause some of our astronaughts to lose their gov. jobs, pensions, benefits, insurance, pay & the like (they did sign those NDAs/(non disclosure/secrecy) contracts/agreements. The cosmonaughts might just lose their lives, or worse/more. It's a bad time to lose one's job & benefits, & worse time to lose one's life/livelihood. :)

Go Boilers/astronaught u

Ancient One (out)

Status
Not open for further replies.