How are galaxies destroyed?

Dec 25, 2023
Visit site
Okay, but I feel like it’s important to note that way before a trillion years gets here, there will be no such thing as a sun-like star. Life orbiting a white dwarf would be very extremely unlikely and life orbiting a red dwarf would be very highly unlikely. So when the sun-like stars burn out, that will very likely be the end of life as we know it.

I would say, however, that there is not a zero percent chance that we could survive the merger of the Milky Way and Andromeda. If humans don’t go extinct in the next 100,000 years, I think it’s highly likely that we will figure out a way to accomplish interstellar travel. This is the century of Quantum Computing and Artificial Intelligence. If those technologies don’t kill us, they will transform our lives in unimaginable ways.

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
While the Andromeda Galaxy contains about 1 trillion (1012) stars and the Milky Way contains about 300 billion (3×1011), the chance of even two stars colliding is negligible because of the huge distances between the stars. For example, the nearest star to the Earth after the Sun is Proxima Centauri, about 4.2 light-years (4.0×1013 km; 2.5×1013 mi) or 30 million (3×107) solar diameters away.

To visualize that scale, if the Sun were a ping-pong ball, Proxima Centauri would be a pea about 1,100 km (680 mi) away, and the Milky Way would be about 30 million km (19 million mi) wide. Wiki

Cat :)

A galaxy's structure and form is highly dependent on the mass field currently by most consensus attributed to DM.

Currently mass is the only assigned property of DM.

If that's the case DM will, and probably already should have gravitationally aggregated at other mass centers,

which in fact is not demonstrable in any way.

If as an alternative the halo of mass is a secondary, additional mass field of black holes [which fits with certain scientific evidence] it creates a challenge to conventional establishment consensus,
because that huge halo would entail a superluminal speed of gravity.

So whether the mass halo is either sloppy fluid DM (which would be easily perturbed) or a coherent secondary black hole mass curve (vastly more resilient), or something else altogether should be there buried in the detailed movements of colliding galaxies.

Latest posts