How much power is available on ISS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

willpittenger

How much power does ISS get from each solar panel section? How much from the Russians? Can the two sides help each other with power needs? How much could a docked orbiter consume? Would that orbiter be fully operational or partially shut down? What are the plans for sharing power with a CEV (which would have its own panels)? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Will Pittenger<hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Add this user box to your Wikipedia User Page to show your support for the SDC forums: <div style="margin-left:1em">{{User:Will Pittenger/User Boxes/Space.com Account}}</div> </div>

E

erioladastra

Each power module (4 wings) generates about 20 kW. Right now the USOS doesn't take much if any from the RS, usually the other way around. Russian usually needs at least some. Next year the RS will fold up the FGB arrays and they will be essentially dependant upon the USOS. As for SSPTS, I don't know that.

H

henryhallam

<font color="yellow">Next year the RS will fold up the FGB arrays and they will be essentially dependant upon the USOS.</font><br /><br />Why are they doing that?

N

nacnud

I think they will get in the way of the big radiators mounted on the truss.

E

erioladastra

<br />Correct - I should have mentioned that. Also, I think since the USOS will be power rich and the SM panels don't provide much, they will feather/fix the SM arrays and use them mainly for debris shields. Therefore, their power supply will be negliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.