I hate how it takes so long to log in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

neutrino78x

I hate how it takes so long to log into the forums on this site. Sometimes it helps if I reload the page, but usually, I will be waiting 5 minutes for this thing to respond to clicking Login.

And I am using a Pentium 4 2.0 Ghz, 2 GB of RAM, Win XP and Firefox, and cable internet.

--Brian

Y

yevaud

Mostly, except for times of very high traffic, that happens between midnight and 1 AM. I believe that's when the board system backup is running, so everything just hogs down.

Otherwise, lately, it is moving along fairly well.

Y

yevaud

Aye, I do, by Gar. That damned hour, when all manners of eeeevilness occurs, a hideous cacophony erupts, and the little lost packets (there's a trademark in there, somewhere) get, well...lost.

Either that, or time slows down. I'm still not convinced.

Z

ZenGalacticore

Then it is imperative that I be present at the next Council Meeting! :lol:

This "Witching Hour" must be stopped!

Y

yevaud

ZenGalacticore":21lm8okz said:

Would that it could, but it involves creaking gears and shafts, poor tortured rodents on treadmills, and some sort of arcane incantation that if you get it wrong, it eats you alive *Crunch* *Munch* *Gristle*.

:shock:

Z

ZenGalacticore

yevaud":1n7vxr4u said:
Would that it could, but it involves creaking gears and shafts, poor tortured rodents on treadmills, and some sort of arcane incantation that if you get it wrong, it eats you alive *Crunch* *Munch* *Gristle*.:shock:

Then we shall call in Zen's cats! The "poor tortured rodents" will be swiftly and painlessly dispatched. :cool:

S

schmack

"Witching hour" seems to happen between 2.30 and 3.30pm here. Often a real pain at that time, but what ya gonna do?

M

Mee_n_Mac

ZenGalacticore":3q5dbs4o said:
yevaud":3q5dbs4o said:
Would that it could, but it involves creaking gears and shafts, poor tortured rodents on treadmills, and some sort of arcane incantation that if you get it wrong, it eats you alive *Crunch* *Munch* *Gristle*.:shock:

Then we shall call in Zen's cats! The "poor tortured rodents" will be swiftly and painlessly dispatched. :cool:

Cats ? CATS !?!? I tell you them rodents is dynamite ! They've got a vicious streak a mile wide and nasty, big, pointy teeth. You're going to need something more powerful than a feline. Some form of blessed, tossable fragmentation device I'd wager.

Just sayin ....

S

StarRider1701

yevaud":yjli7dem said:
ZenGalacticore":yjli7dem said:

Would that it could, but it involves creaking gears and shafts, poor tortured rodents on treadmills, and some sort of arcane incantation that if you get it wrong, it eats you alive *Crunch* *Munch* *Gristle*. :shock:

Every once in a while (like today) it bogs down a little between Noon and 1 pm. I'm thinkin' some o' them thar rodents ain't real good at tellin' time. Aaar. :lol: :lol: :lol:

D

doublehelix

neutrino78x":1uskglvw said:
I hate how it takes so long to log into the forums on this site. Sometimes it helps if I reload the page, but usually, I will be waiting 5 minutes for this thing to respond to clicking Login.

And I am using a Pentium 4 2.0 Ghz, 2 GB of RAM, Win XP and Firefox, and cable internet.

--Brian

Thanks for the feedback, neutrion78x and everyone. I apologize for the lag time you're experiencing. I've not had that experience on a regular basis, but I will say that Wednesday was particularly challenging because we were socked with a ton of traffic.

The "Witching Hour" can't be helped at this time, due to the necessity of backing up! :mrgreen:

-dh

P.S. I moved this thread to Community Talkback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts