Question I saw a string of 25 to 30 satellites last night, I could see seven at a time does anyone agree that's what I saw?

Apr 19, 2020
Visit site
From Des Moines Iowa at about 8:45 PM on 04/18/2020 I saw a string of satellites moving from the WSW to the ENE. I could see seven or eight of them evenly spaced moving at the same speed across the evening sky. In approximately a 15-minute span I probably saw between 20 and 30 of them appear and disappear in the same trajectory. As I recall they appeared just to the west of Orion's belt then a little west of Beetlejuice and then through Gemini continuing on to the ENE. The only reason I happen to see them is that I was checking out Venus and the Stars. When I noticed the first one it got very bright directly overhead but just a little to the West at first I thought it was a plane maybe, but then I started seeing more of them and then getting bright overhead for about a second or two and then I noticed there was a string of them and I could see them all at the same. That was a cool sight to see. I'm pretty sure they were satellites would anyone agree? Thank you, MJ

Reactions: billslugg

MDD

Jun 30, 2023
Visit site
From Des Moines Iowa at about 8:45 PM on 04/18/2020 I saw a string of satellites moving from the WSW to the ENE. I could see seven or eight of them evenly spaced moving at the same speed across the evening sky. In approximately a 15-minute span I probably saw between 20 and 30 of them appear and disappear in the same trajectory. As I recall they appeared just to the west of Orion's belt then a little west of Beetlejuice and then through Gemini continuing on to the ENE. The only reason I happen to see them is that I was checking out Venus and the Stars. When I noticed the first one it got very bright directly overhead but just a little to the West at first I thought it was a plane maybe, but then I started seeing more of them and then getting bright overhead for about a second or two and then I noticed there was a string of them and I could see them all at the same. That was a cool sight to see. I'm pretty sure they were satellites would anyone agree? Thank you, MJ
Early this morning at approximately 4:30 I observed 46 satellites in a row, around 7 or 8 at a time, then a new group. One brighter and larger one that traveled not in the exact row, but in parallel with others, but starting to overtake them.

Never seen that many in a row before. Looked like something from a movie. We see satellite all the time in the beautiful skies of Idaho. But this was something quite unusual and different. Evenly spaced and all traveling at the same speed, except the last one.

Observed with binoculars - Zeiss 15x56's.

Reactions: billslugg

Latest posts