Idea about Saturns Hex

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fallingstar1971

I was looking at the graphic of Saturns Hex and I had an Issac Newton moment.

If we were sitting on the surface of Saturn. underneath one of these rings, what would we see? A "tent" (^) like structor of clouds perhaps? Appearing to us to start "low" peak "high" then back to "low" again?

Could it just be gravity combined with a fast spin that is causing this effect? Once the clouds are in motion they will stay in motion until another force acts on them. Could gravity be this force? Possibly deflecting the air into a "wrap-around" pattern instead of allowing it to shoot out into space? Is it possible that the air is moving SO fast that it is near escape velocity, but not quite, and gets deflected back around to the next corner?

I dont know. What other kinds of forces can manifest in this way. Jupiter has a hex as well. I do not know if any of the other planets do or if its limited to Jupiter and Saturn. I sure its just a simple logical explanation.......but I haven't a clue as to what is REALLY going on up there.

Star

M

MeteorWayne

There are several old threads discussing this where the comment might be better placed. Try a search using "Hexagon" in Space Science and Astronomy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts