Idea for New Trek Show

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flynn

I think the success of Battlestar Galactica will force a more realistic StarTrek.<br /><br />At work this week we've been asking. "what would a Klingon do in this situation?" but it got a bit boring as we decided chopping people up and feeding them to our pet Targ a bit repetitive <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#800080">"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring" - <strong>Chuck Palahniuk</strong>.</font> </div>

A

arconin

I have been hearing rumors that J. Michael Straczynski (Babylon 5 creator) may have been approached to write a new star trek spin off.<br /><br />Not sure about the validity but I think he would be a great breath of life for anything trek. <br /><br />The continued rumors had said it was set at or near the collapse of the Federation with a more wild west type feel.<br /><br />Not sure, web rumors and all...found the info on some B5 fan sites a few months back. <br /><br />EDIT: So, I went and looked up some info about the rumor. It turns out that JMS and Bryce Zabel wrote up a treatment of Star Trek with a full 7 year story arc and pitched it to Paramount. <br /><br />Paramount basically said that there was not going to be a Star Trek show for a few years and that at the moment they are wasting their time. <br /><br />JMS has said that if Paramount wants him to write a series he will be available.

K

kdavis007

I would like to see a new Star Trek show that would take place 300 years from when Voyager stopped...

F

flynn

10 years would be enough, you could still fit crossover shows in easily then with the likes of Bashir and O'brien. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#800080">"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring" - <strong>Chuck Palahniuk</strong>.</font> </div>

F

flynn

Exactly, by far the best trek ever without a doubt. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#800080">"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring" - <strong>Chuck Palahniuk</strong>.</font> </div>

L

lunatio_gordin

Well, i like Chief O'brien's character, but i'm not very fond of captain Sisko.

F

flynn

Sisko has "retired" to the phophets anyway. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#800080">"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring" - <strong>Chuck Palahniuk</strong>.</font> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts