Question if you tied a rope would the rope expand or break?

Oct 31, 2022
Visit site
If you tied a rope between distant galaxies and tried to measure the tension cause by the expansion...

I think the rope would expand with space, because i think time is the part that is modified causing space to appear to expand. I dont think time dilation would break the rope i think it would stretch it.

But if there is dark energy pushing away would that not break the rope?

what does the current Dark energy theory claim would happen?

Faster than light physics would happen at lengths along the way like a spectra chart. Here, the faster than light effects, maybe 2% past c often enough, would reradiate back to c before becoming easily observable. The effect might be to create little donuts connecting two rope ends instead of a rope, every time your rope temporarily intersects with faster than c effects. The reradiated energy is met by your rope, followed by the missing higher FTL energy as the donut hole, and back across the donut as your expansion returns at or below c. That is one weird rope effect.

If you tied a rope between distant galaxies and tried to measure the tension cause by the expansion...

I think the rope would expand with space, because i think time is the part that is modified causing space to appear to expand. I dont think time dilation would break the rope i think it would stretch it.

But if there is dark energy pushing away would that not break the rope?

what does the current Dark energy theory claim would happen?
Depends upon what the rope was made of. If it was a woven wormhole tube rope between two quantum entangled entities one end each somewhere in each of two galaxies, then the rope would be both there and not there and any distance and any tension might be both there and not there and not be nearly enough to break it.

Last edited:

Latest posts