I'm going to get a new telscope,any opions on what I should

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rickstine

I have $3,000 to spend I have a Galio brand,it work's fin but, I out grown it any suggestions.My new telscope needs high mm resoultion and easy to use but for a hard core skywatcher,like me.Any suggestions on what I should get?

R

rickstine

I'm a deep space skywatcher.And I like to view large bodies in space from the moons of Jupiter to even the sun with a specical lense,of course.

R

rickstine

Thanks I'll look it that because I'm building a observeitory with the full package.

R

rickstine

Thanks I'll look it that because I'm building a observeitory with the full package.

T

tfwthom

Well you managed to hit both ends of the observing scale. Refractors rule planets, the Moon, and the Sun. (finer optics, better detail) Reflector rule deep space. (large aperture, more light gathering)<br /><br />The crossover is an SCT, not as good as either but can do both. Good general scope.<br /><br />Most active astronomers have more then one scope for that reason.<br /><br />Think about an 8" LX90 or an LX200 (when it comes to SCT's I prefer Meade)<br /><br />I have refractors and an LX90, I let the others own the light buckets and just look through theirs. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1" color="#3366ff">www.siriuslookers.org</font> </div>

R

rickstine

Thanks I'll review the scope and see how better is compared to mine,100% most likely better in every way I bet.Get the most light I have to say is one of the most important,because it jives you sharper images.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts