IMAX space station on DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

holmec

I just rented it and saw it yesterday. Its a nice movie but it aslo has tours of two different missions which I enjoyed more than the movie itself. I hop NASA makes more of those, I have a small collection started on space programs DVDs, to include Apollo 13, Right Stuff, From Earth to the Moon, and Cosmos. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#0000ff"><em>"SCE to AUX" - John Aaron, curiosity pays off</em></font></p> </div>

C

CalliArcale

You may want to check out Spacecraft Films. Their programs are much more bare-bones, but the quality of the DVD transfers is excellent and the sheer quantity of actual mission material is staggering. It's more archival than documentary; if you're looking for a documentary, you're looking in the wrong place. But if you want raw footage of space missions, they have some excellent stuff. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#666699"><em>"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly . . . timey wimey . . . stuff."</em>  -- The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

V

viper101

From Earth to the Moon is an amazing collection. I must have watched each episode 5 or 6 times already and I never get tired of it. <br /><br />They do such a good job of showing all the different aspects of the Apollo program: <br /><br />Spider: Excellent telling of how Grumman built the LEM, how LOR was decided etc...<br />1968: How Apollo 8 capped off an otherwsie miserable year<br />We have cleared the tower: Documentary style 'behind the scenes' style telling of the anticipation leading up to Apollo 7. <br />Galileo was right: The push to get science priorities on lunar missions (and the geologists behind it)<br /><br />And my favorite, La Voyage dans la Lune: Excellent portrayal of imagination becoming reality, and Cernan's awe at being where he was: 'I could look up and see that it was midnight in England and lunch time in Texas with just a casual glance...'<br /><br />Great series.

H

holmec

>Spider: Excellent telling of how Grumman built the LEM, how LOR was decided etc... <<br /><br />I liked Spider a lot. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#0000ff"><em>"SCE to AUX" - John Aaron, curiosity pays off</em></font></p> </div>

V

vt_hokie

Did Grumman assemble the LEM in Bethpage, NY? My grandfather was an engineer with Grumman for 30 years or so out in Bethpage, although I don't think he worked on the LEM at all. I know that he worked on the A-6, F-14, and spent time at General Dynamics in Fort Worth for the F-111.

A

ascan1984

A competely agree. My fourite is also La Voyage dans la une. I love the way they wrapped up the series. Very poiniant and showed the actors faces with the real people who flew the missions. But other great episodes include <br /><br />"fire" and the one with Al Bean. Now that was a fun episode.

H

holmec

>Did Grumman assemble the LEM in Bethpage, NY?<<br /><br />I don't know, but if you take a tour there try looking a the roof of the buildings maybe you'll find rubber balls. <br /><br />Nice heritage! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#0000ff"><em>"SCE to AUX" - John Aaron, curiosity pays off</em></font></p> </div>

H

holmec

Nice, here is the link.<br /><br />http://www.spacecraftfilms.com <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#0000ff"><em>"SCE to AUX" - John Aaron, curiosity pays off</em></font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts