Improved Theory of Existence for Critical Appraisal or Amusement - Smokes BB

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2021
Visit site
"No other vision other than doom is is entertained."

So what is the other option?

Cat :)
My option is REASONABLE it says man is not the center of the universe. Man is an ant. My theory says the planet Earth has to have value to the universe or existence never would have happened and been pointless. Life on Earth has a transformative relationship, it is reasonable to entertain the potential of the planet to have transformative capabilities. If your only theory is doom the science is dead. Who cares we all die in the end. You have to entertain a hopeful scenario even to disregard.

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
"Life on Earth has a transformative relationship, it is reasonable to entertain the potential of the planet to have transformative capabilities."

What does transformative mean? . . . . . . in this context?

Cat :)

Jun 20, 2021
Visit site
OK, I will just crawl away. Have a nice life.

Best wishes,

Cat

;o
Fair enough. Agree to disagree or something?

Thanks for entertaining my ideas and clarifying with scientific explanation. You content was great and valued. I did not intend insult you or your sciences. I hope you did not take any personal offense. I value your knowledge and earnest attempt to comprehend my concept. It was very helpful. Thank you.

Parker

My option is REASONABLE it says man is not the center of the universe. Man is an ant. My theory says the planet Earth has to have value to the universe or existence never would have happened and been pointless.
The use of theory is the heart of the problem I, and others, no doubt, are having, because your views, even if I agree with them, are distinctly not science, but philosophy. I can appear a little fussy about such things, without meaning offense, because there are some who want to convert science to scientisim, where politics and consensus rules, causing more harm than good.

IMO, you will do far better if you just avoid using "theory" and replace it with "supposition", and dress it with philosophical clothing.

Reactions: Oh_My_Stars
Jun 20, 2021
Visit site
The use of theory is the heart of the problem I, and others, no doubt, are having, because your views, even if I agree with them, are distinctly not science, but philosophy. I can appear a little fussy about such things, without meaning offense, because there are some who want to convert science to scientisim, where politics and consensus rules, causing more harm than good.

IMO, you will do far better if you just avoid using "theory" and replace it with "supposition", and dress it with philosophical clothing.
Thanks for the awesome advice. You are right.

Jun 20, 2021
Visit site

Well stated above. Thank you.

In supposition if there is a transformative value to life on Earth it is reasonable there may be transformative value to Earth itself. On Earth there is the transformative cycle of life: life death rebirth, 4 seasons, we grow from a child to adult, butterflies spring from caterpillars, metamorphosis. It is reasonable to consider that the Earth itself may have some kind of transformative ability beyond death or doom. I say we are building mass for a baby star because I could not come up with anything else that offered value to the universe other than a star for the prospects of carrying forward life just not necessarily human life. I think it is bigger thought for the space.

COLGeek

Well stated above. Thank you.

In supposition if there is a transformative value to life on Earth it is reasonable there may be transformative value to Earth itself. On Earth there is the transformative cycle of life: life death rebirth, 4 seasons, we grow from a child to adult, butterflies spring from caterpillars, metamorphosis. It is reasonable to consider that the Earth itself may have some kind of transformative ability beyond death or doom. I say we are building mass for a baby star because I could not come up with anything else that offered value to the universe other than a star for the prospects of carrying forward life just not necessarily human life. I think it is bigger thought for the space.
Putting lipstick on a pig does not change the fact that it is still a pig. The relabeling aside, the facts of the matter haven't made your supposition any more viable than previously stated.

I suggest this thread has run its course.

Jun 20, 2021
Visit site
Putting lipstick on a pig does not change the fact that it is still a pig. The relabeling aside, the facts of the matter haven't made your supposition any more viable than previously stated.

I suggest this thread has run its course.
How is this not insulting? and a personal attack?

I have thick skin it's fine.
I see no value in your opinion colgeek. You only one line everything and there is more to my suppositions than that. I think you have been disrespectful and wish you would no longer comment on this thread. If that a fair compromise?

Last edited:
How is this not insulting? and a personal attack?

I have thick skin it's fine.
I see no value in your opinion colgeek. You only one line everything and there is more to my suppositions than that. I think you have been disrespectful and wish you would no longer comment on this thread. If that a fair compromise?
It is obvious that his comments are about the substance of your strange claims, not you personally.

I support closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts