Incoming...

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

silylene old

If the satellite is a KH-11 'Keyhole', then it is huge (13,300 kg fully fueled). This spy satellite is very similar to the Hubble space telescope, except that it points downwards, at the Earth. Eight of these huge recon telescopes have been placed in low earth orbit. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature" align="center"><em><font color="#0000ff">- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -</font></em> </div><div class="Discussion_UserSignature" align="center"><font color="#0000ff"><em>I really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function.</em></font> </div> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

It doesn't show up on the upcoming reentries page, so I wouldn;t worry about it yet. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

123glory

What's the damage be if it impacts Earth? According to the article, its size is about the same as a 13 meter asteroid. What kind of damage and scope could object of this size cause?

P

Pooua

It will create a crater 30 feet in diameter.*<br /><br /><br /><br />*I made up this number because it sounded good. <br /><br />It's a 10-ton satellite. What would you expect 10 tons of metal to do if it crashed into the ground at 500 mph?

Status
Not open for further replies.