India's Chandrayaan-3 robotic moon explorers don't have heaters. Can they survive the frigid lunar night?

Sharmila Kuthunur the author of this article is requested to review my article Expert Voices published in space.com in 2020 after Chandrayaan 2 mishap, where I specifically recommended for Chandrayaan 3 the following:
(Credit ought to be given for experience based article in your own space.com Journal News magazine.)
  1. 2020 - Space.com article analyzing Chandrayaan-2 and suggestions for Future ISRO missions. https://www.space.com/india-moon-landing-not-a-failure.html
  2. RTG similar to Apollo missions for keeping instruments alive during lunar nights
  3. A hopping capability as a first step for future sample return as well as rendezvous capability.
  4. I like the comments by my very young former colleague Arun Sinha now retired.
Thanks.
Ravi
(Dr. Ravi Sharma, Ph.D. USA)
NASA Apollo Achievement Award
ISRO Distinguished Service Awards
Former MTS NASA HQ MSFEB Apollo time frame
Former Scientific Secretary ISRO HQ
Ontolog Board of Trustees
Particle and Space Physics
Senior Enterprise Architect

Happy Good Morning Chandrayaan 3 Vikram Lander? Congrats to ISRO and collaborating partners throughout India and Abroad including tracking stations and infrastructure 😀
Do not be afraid of cold next time you will have RTGs like apollo missions and Luna had. I suggested that after Ch-2 in 2020 at Space.com.
Ravi

Reactions: billslugg
Hopes are diminishing but staying positive is always good, practically ISRO is trying everything except that it needs RTG next time and progress towards rendezvous and sample return development.
Asteroid Sample has to be carefully analyzed for contamination. of Earth
Thanks.
Ravi

Latest posts