Instead of Using Fuel, Why Not Dark Energy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

H20_lily2009

why don't we use a different method of space travel instead of using the old methods. This will be a step up for mankind with astrophysics. I figure, why not use the dark energy in space for traveling, there is a difference between dark energy and dark matter, dark energy causes the dark matter in space to inevitably expand, the dark energy is composed of electromagnetic and micro waves that form a kinetic energy meaning constant energy. I'm sure we can figure out a way to use that dark energy as a form of power for example, how we take the suns solar energy and use it as a form of energy and power.

From what I've learned in Cosmology 101, dark energy causes the dark matter in the universe to expand, its a negative type of energy. I know we are still discovering dark energy but, I think its possible to take any form of energy and use it as a source of power.

"the impossible is relative," Dr. Michio Kaku

M

MeteorWayne

Mainly because we don't know what dark energy is, and are not even sure if it exists.

It's hard to use a fuel you can't describe....

H

H20_lily2009

From what I've learned in Cosmology 101, dark energy causes the dark matter in the universe to expand, its a negative type of energy. I know we are still discovering dark energy but, I think its possible to take any form of energy and use it as a source of power.

"the impossible is relative," Dr. Michio Kaku

R

robnissen

I think instead of using Dark Energy we should use Pixie dust. After all, we know as much about Pixie dust as we do Dark Energy.

O

origin

H20_lily2009":tjnpon4i said:
From what I've learned in Cosmology 101, dark energy causes the dark matter in the universe to expand,

Then you must have been sleeping in class - cause that ain't close to right.

Why are you asking the same question under a different name? Did you not like the answers last time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts