Inter stella space contains larger grains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nexium

It is a stretch to make even tentative conclusions about intersteller space, from the Stardust mission as it traveled only about one millionth of the distance to the second closest star (our sun is the closest star)<br />In my opinion, intersteller space likely contains about the same distribution from finest grain to Jupiter size objects as our Solar System, but the average spacing is much wider. Neil

N

nexium

It is a stretch to make even tentative conclusions about intersteller space, from the Stardust mission as it traveled only about one millionth of the distance to the second closest star (our sun is the closest star)<br />In my opinion, intersteller space likely contains about the same distribution from finest grain to Jupiter mass objects as our Solar System, but the average spacing is much wider. Neil

A

alkalin

Some of this is conjecture since there is little ability to see what is between the stars, but we know that stars photons push away the very light matter such as gas molecules, but there is a point where gravity becomes king and stars can swallow the somewhat heavier matter. And the planets do that as well. So in my view space near a star is rather devoid of matter, but interstar space is not, this is where all the light matter went. There is a hint where there is enough energy from the nearby stars to illuminate the gasses out there. But I think you will find many larger bodies as well. The problem is that most are too cold and dark for us to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts