Interesting "blast from the past"

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

doublehelix

<p>At home I have a 1963 World Atlas.&nbsp; In it, there is a whole section about "when we go to the moon". Fascinating.&nbsp; I will try to post some of it - it's very cool to read history's version of what was to be expected at the time and in the future.&nbsp; Too bad I don't have a scanner - the pictures are priceless!</p><p>-dh&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#3366ff">doublehelix, Community Manager<br />Imaginova </font></p> </div>

B

billslugg

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>At home I have a 1963 World Atlas.&nbsp; In it, there is a whole section about "when we go to the moon". Fascinating.&nbsp; I will try to post some of it - it's very cool to read history's version of what was to be expected at the time and in the future.&nbsp; Too bad I don't have a scanner - the pictures are priceless!-dh&nbsp; <br /> Posted by doublehelix</DIV></p><p>Does it show a rocket sitting on the Moon? You know, a sleek pointy thing sitting on three tail fins.</p><p>I have a 50's book on nuclear energy. It shows canals being blasted out, farmers adding radioactive elements to their crops, various uses around the home. I'll look for it tonight.&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p> </p> </div>

D

doublehelix

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Does it show a rocket sitting on the Moon? You know, a sleek pointy thing sitting on three tail fins.I have a 50's book on nuclear energy. It shows canals being blasted out, farmers adding radioactive elements to their crops, various uses around the home. I'll look for it tonight.&nbsp; <br /> Posted by billslugg</DIV></p><p>It's possible about the rocket sitting on the Moon.&nbsp; I'll take a look tonight. There is a picture that shows what the astronauts would eat/drink on a mission.&nbsp; There are tubes/bars of something simply called "MILK". </p><p>It's curious to see the past predictions alongside current reality.&nbsp; A little surreal, you know?</p><p>-dh&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#3366ff">doublehelix, Community Manager<br />Imaginova </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.