Iron Man 2 poster...with War Machine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

docm

Ho. Lee. Crap. This is gonna be so damned cool :)

ironman2.jpg

D

docm

Follow up for those unfamiliar with War Machine and some of the other characters....

James "Rhodie" Rhodes; an African-American US military officer and friend of Tony Stark who helps him out, sometimes as War Machine and sometimes taking over as Iron Man when Tony falls off the wagon or is injured. His suit is more heavily armored and designed for all out combat & military ops.

Tough-As-Nails

In the first film Rhodes was played by Terrence Howard, but never got a chance at a suit. In Iron Man 2 he's portrayed by
Don Cheadle (Best Actor Oscar nominee for Hotel Rwanda) and has a much larger role as War Machine. Cheadle is slated to
continue the part through the Avengers film.

warmachinesm.jpg

Also in, Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Samuel L. Jackson, who was the model for the Ultimate series version of the character way back when)

samuel-l-jackson-nick-fury.jpg

and Whiplash (Mickey Roarke) - Ultimate version of the character, a baddie with adamantium whips)

iron-man-whiplash.jpg

plus a few surprises including;

Melina Vostokoff/Iron Maiden (Olivia Munn): Russian assassin who wears a skin-tight flexible metallic armor, not a suit.

(pic not from the movie, couldn't find one, but this looked good ;) )
OliviaMunn2.jpg

and enemy of -

Natalia Romanova/Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson): meta-human - slowed aging, enhanced immune system and....she kicks butt :)

blackwidowsm.jpg

S

SpacexULA

All I have to say is, SWEET!

I hope they let the crew adlib most the lines like they did in Iron Man. This is about the most talented cast I have ever seen in a Marvel movie.

D

docm

Also in the cast;

Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark/Iron Man (of course)

Sam Rockwell as Justin Hammer (competing industrialist)

Jon Favreau as Hogan (also directing)

Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts (Tony's gal Friday)

John Slattery (Mad Men) as Howard Stark (Tony's father)

Paul Bettany as Jarvis, the computer (voice)

Gary Shandling as Senator Stern

Stan Lee as Larry King (!?!)

F

FlatEarth

Great thread, docm. The first Iron Man flick was amazing, and this one looks like it could be even better. Thanks for posting.

N

nimbus

Mickey Roarke = Rourke?

With some luck they don't pig out on the cast's size at the expense of the film's quality. Hopefully they can keep the sequels fun and fresh like Spiderman's were, instead of jumping the shark trying to fit too much in, like so many other sequels have.

D

docm

Well....Black Widow, Iron Maiden and Whiplash all go together as they're all Russian, the girls as agents and Ivan Vanko/Whiplash as a baddie weapons maker who has his own arc reactor style power unit and ideas what to do with it. Also, Rourke will do half his role in Russian. Lots of prep for that part :p

N

nimbus

Cool, doesn't look as scattered as I thought. Thanks Doc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts