Iron Sky, I'll try this again.

I remember watching it a few years ago. Wasn't my favorite.

You have to admit, the Nazi aspect mentioned earlier is understandable. Not something to be glorified in any way.
I only liked the Space war Battles . And the special effects. Just another war movie and the bad guys lose in the end anyway. There are two sequels you probably haven't seen. I saw them in Europe, they used subtitles in English.

Last edited:
Reactions: Catastrophe

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Iron Sky - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Iron_Sky

During the 2010 Cannes Film Festival, Iron Sky signed a co-production agreement with the Australian production company New Holland Pictures, which brought ...
Story by: Johanna Sinisalo; Jarmo Puskala ...‎
Release date: 11 February 2012 (Berlinale‎); 4 ...‎
Budget: €7.5 million;
Production; companies: Blind Spot Pictures; 27 ...‎
Iron Sky (disambiguation) · ‎Julia Dietze · ‎Invasion
Cat: I was actually making reference to 2010- The Year We Make Contact, the sequel to 2001- A Space Odyssey. :)
I don't think I made myself clear. Sorry.

Ive got 2001 on a DVD. And my Blue Ray player is able to play it. But the reverse is you can't play a blue ray disk in a DVD player. So you've got to put your DVD player up in the closet along with the old VHS player.
Obsolete tech anymore, and they keep throwing this stuff at us.
So what's next ? The good thing was the flat screen televisions.
Those old tube types were extremely heavy, and you can't give one
of those away.

Last edited:
Hmm I wonder which streaming service might be playing it! Haha old VHS yes, still have one! Never use it.
I can remember having an old TV that was always on the blink, you would have to hit it to make it work! Back then it was the black screen of death.
And the rabbit ears antenna that went along with it!

And we only had 13 channels, and we kids were the remote. We were lucky enough to have cable vision, so we didn't have to mess with antennas. I can remember our first satellite feed channel, I dream of Jeannie was the first thing I saw. The first satellite channel in color was KBIM out of Roswell which was a direct feed. From Anack one. I believe there was only a handful of satellites back then, used for that one purpose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Terra Australis
Car radios. we're going to transistors at about that time. And we could easily pick up KOMA out of Oklahoma City. So we sat in the car at night listening to the music. Which was mostly rock and roll. During the mid 1960s. Things sure have changed haven't they?

Last edited:
Clovis: 13 channels!! you were absolutely spoiled for choice! In Australia we could choose from 3, a fourth was added years later! No such thing as cable for us.
And I remember having to walk over to the TV to turn a dial to change programs and adjust the volume. How absolutely primitive like in the Flintstones.
At least the kids never got lost under the couch not like these modern remotes haha.
I dream of Jeannie, yeah loved it, so many good old shows. Lost In Space another.
Danger, Danger, from the robot, and Dr Zachary Smith, who can forget.

I grew up before cable. We put up a rotating antenna so we could get Allentown, Bethlehem, New York, and Philadelphia stations; that got us about ten channels. Then bought a UHF converter to get a few more channels. Even when I was first married, had a tube set. When it broke, I would pull out the vacuum tubes (electronic valves for you Brits :)), go to the local drug store where they had a tube tester, and bought replacements for the bad ones.

Latest posts