Ironies of Fate?

Dec 1, 2020
Visit site
The article about Russia's launch this morning seems antithetical to this afternoon's article about Space X's launch tomorrow morning. The possible drama makes for a more interesting event in any case. Nice strategy by Space.com's staff:

https://www.space.com/russia-launches-anti-satellite-missile-test-2020 (Wednesday Morning):
Russia has launched an anti-spy satellite missile test by Hanneke Weitering 9 hours ago
https://www.space.com/17933-nasa-television-webcasts-live-space-tv.html (Wednesday Evening):
Space X launching US spy satellite @ 9 am ET by Space.com Staff an hour ago

Reactions: IG2007 and Helio
Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
I think there is no drama in here. It`s just a coincidence. Space X makes a lot of launches because they always test something or make some space exploration missions and Russia wants to take part in the space exploration campaign and compete with the USA.

Dec 1, 2020
Visit site
The older news of Russia’s launched “Anti-Spy Satellite” was posted by Space.com along with its separate announcem

ent of a “Space X Spy Satellite” launch (otherwise known as NROL-108). There are those who may have preferred the latter launch acronym or a derivative thereof occurring the following morning for the National Reconnaissance Office. That scrubbed launch was followed by predictions of future launches and corresponding windows. The actual launch eventually came with little notice. Journalistic strategy in choice of acronyms and article tittles may attract readers but have a negative effect on the actual launch and its mission. The element of intentional fake news as to the actual spy-ness of the satellite is not necessarily conducive to circulation or flight.

Last edited:
Reactions: IG2007
Feb 16, 2021
Visit site
In Russia, in general, very strange guys live. I had one friend who constantly tried to tell me about the future. One day he calls me at night and very anxiously tells me to come urgently because the tarot cards predicted a prophetic dream that he had today. I dressed quickly, got in the car, and drove to the other side of town, where he lived. The door was open, and I went into his house. He was sitting in the kitchen, drinking tea calmly. I thought that this was a different person, since he was calm. I immediately started asking about the dream that had brought me so far. He told me that he saw in a dream how a girl gives him a rose. I asked: "Are you kidding me?". After that, I don't want to have any mutual Russian acquaintances.

----
Resource: https://thetarot.guru
or find it in wikipedia

Last edited:
Reactions: IG2007
Charitably consider that your hapless, tea drinking Russian friend had been late night watching an American reality TV show where women give roses to men. Note: With the issues in language translation, and the vapidly strained show's content, perhaps recommendations to switch to something stronger than tea, and to change channels would have been appropriate and ultimately appreciated.

Reactions: Catastrophe

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
AG "After that, I don't want to have any mutual Russian acquaintances."

Are you not generalising a little too quickly?

I have been lucky enough to have had many acquaintances and friends from many countries and would seriously advise you not to generalise from one experience.

Cat :)

Reactions: sam85geo

Latest posts