Is comet Holmes still around?

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aphh

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>However, I know of few who use that, since it is measured to a specific point on earth. Right AscensionA is universal (haha) MW <br /> Posted by MeteorWayne</DIV></p><p>Hour Angle + Right Ascension = Local Star Time (or Local Sidereal Time).</p><p>Hence, if you have one coordinate and could measure the other, you will get the 3rd and could go from universal equatorial coordinates to local coordinates or the other way around.&nbsp;</p><p>Had I been able to measure the hour angle of the "fog object" mentioned in the beginning, I could have calculated the Right Ascension, which should have lead to deep space object M31 reliably.</p>

A

aphh

I had a good look at one of the Clusters tonight with binoculars, and they are amazing. One of the clusters can easily be seen with naked eye, and when you turn binoculars at it, it's like diamonds in the sky.<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts