Is it Clementine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pioneer0333

My info is very sketchy, but when will the Clementine(i think this is how it is spelled) spacecraft be ready to launch? And what is it's exact purpose? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

T

telfrow

The Clementine Mission was launched in 1994. You must be thinking of something else. <br /><br />Clementine <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <strong><font color="#3366ff">Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find and not to yeild.</font> - <font color="#3366ff"><em>Tennyson</em></font></strong> </div>

P

pioneer0333

But I just recently learned that there is a second Clementine in the works. It is supposed to be a much more advanced model than the 1st generation of the space craft. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

J

JonClarke

Where did you hear it? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Whether we become a multi-planet species with unlimited horizons, or are forever confined to Earth will be decided in the twenty-first century amid the vast plains, rugged canyons and lofty mountains of Mars</em>  Arthur Clarke</p> </div>

T

telfrow

I found a mention of Clementine II, which was cut from the budget and cancelled, circa 1997. (See this link.) There's no mention of a Clementine mission (I can find) since then. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <strong><font color="#3366ff">Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find and not to yeild.</font> - <font color="#3366ff"><em>Tennyson</em></font></strong> </div>

C

CalliArcale

IIRC, the budget monster ate it. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#666699"><em>"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly . . . timey wimey . . . stuff."</em>  -- The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts