Is it possible to find new elements in the universe?

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
I hadn't thought about it until now but why not exotic new materials, and so on, under an exotic "new physics"? I've long read that term, "new physics" thrown around. We know antimatter (mirror matter) and negative energy are rather exotic and extreme, relatively speaking that is, so why not something else outside matter and antimatter, and positive and negative energies, as we think we know them? A trojan third!

I hadn't thought about it until now but why not exotic new materials, and so on, under an exotic "new physics"? I've long read that term, "new physics" thrown around. We know antimatter (mirror matter) and negative energy are rather exotic and extreme, relatively speaking that is, so why not something else outside matter and antimatter, and positive and negative energies, as we think we know them? A trojan third!

Condensed matter is there. Inert Si around a Sirius. Inside super Earths to be filtered by the micro-gram. If you are in a worm-hole arms race you can use new elements for power inside a rotating Klein bottle, but people need a thousand kms clearance from gravity and NRG might only be a few kms wide using known physics. If the species survives enough zeroes new physics may be the good society.

Any new and unknown particle or force should be detectable by its warping of spacetime. We just need enough of it in one spot to make a good signal.

I just posted this on related thread re neutron stars

Dear Classical Motion

Are you suggesting that these rings are based on string theory or on observations?

The former is more plausible and gravitation playing a part when both of these have masses is probable and likely, but the same can not be said about the massless quanta.

The nucleus does not have to be constrained to wobble only, even when it has spin, it can vibrate (more precisely its constituents n, p, outside e, and photon which can be - inside as Gamma and outside as Xray or other frequencies).

Regarding isotopes and isobars and new elements there is lot of confusion because we need to talk about decay lifetimes. We are happy to stand on this solid earth made possible by outer shell of nucleus and atom around it, with long decay lifetime of proton.

Short decay life transuranic elements were transients and many synthesized at Lawrence Berkeley Labs, hence such many combinations are possible in Solar fusion region as well as in colliding neutron stars. It is more about their decay life?

What do you mean by "Heavy atoms weren't welded, they were cracked." are you implying a super-nucleus?
Regards.
Ravi
(Dr. Ravi Sharma, Ph.D. USA)
NASA Apollo Achievement Award
ISRO Distinguished Service Awards
Former MTS NASA HQ MSEB Apollo
Former Scientific Secretary ISRO HQ
Ontolog Board of Trustees
Particle and Space Physics
Senior Enterprise Architect
SAE Fuel Cell Tech Committee voting member for 20 years.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/drravisharma