How To Is it Possible to Live on Mars?

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
I don't think so. Not many fantasies become reality. Only a small subset of fantasies are capable of becoming real. We are quite capable of imagining things that don't and will not and cannot ever exist and the ones that can become real do so for tangible (economic/security/defense) reasons. There are real limits that no amount of imagination can overcome. We don't necessarily know where all those limits are yet - but some big ones are quite well known and as science progresses closer to a true and complete understanding of the universe we inhabit it becomes increasingly possible to know beforehand if something imaginary is possible. New knowledge can open up new possibilities but it can and does close off imaginary possibilities that are not based in reality.
During the Steam Age Victorian times, a politician allegedly said something along the lines of, ''We know so much now, is it possible to know anything more?''
Our present scientists are in the same situation, they dont know how much more there is to learn about our universe. They are constantly finding new things that were previously considered impossible.
As to ''Reality'' what is reality?
We dont even know IF our universe is reality, or just a hologram.
What is fantasy now, could become reality in the future.
There are still many unknowns in our science.
''We don't necessarily know where all those limits are yet,'' says it all.

Reactions: serhiy1635
Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
Yeah, our technology is developing so fast, and a lot of scientific breakthroughs have already been made, but it`s too early to talk about such things like the possibility of living on Mars. Our technology is too weak even to get there and just imagine how much time and money we need to develop appropriate equipment to survive in the harsh Mars` environment.

Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
Yeah, our technology is developing so fast, and a lot of scientific breakthroughs have already been made, but it`s too early to talk about such things like the possibility of living on Mars. Our technology is too weak even to get there and just imagine how much time and money we need to develop appropriate equipment to survive in the harsh Mars` environment.
Another comment of mine elsewhere, to the question, ''where are all the aliens'' I suggested that Artificial intelligence would be a natural progression, ie. robots, and they would explore and populate the stars, not animal life, which is unsuited to it.
AI life could design and adapt modifications of itself indefinitely, and infinitely, and as such would have no interest in animal life forms, and they would not be restricted to Earth like planets, but could redesign them selves to suit just about any planet. They certainly would not be as fragile as humans, or have their limitations.
Alternatively, imagine you were exploring the universe, and you found a planet like Earth, but it was inhabited by billions of giant Rats! These rats were constantly attacking each other, and had developed weapons to kill each other more effectively, including nuclear weapons.
Would you say, Oh! I must get down amongst them and make friends with them?
Not very likely, you'd be more likely to post a warning to anyone else to stay well clear!
If an Earth person saw an alien, they would more likely shoot it, than make friends with it, and, probably steal anything they could from its corpse.

Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
Another comment of mine elsewhere, to the question, ''where are all the aliens'' I suggested that Artificial intelligence would be a natural progression, ie. robots, and they would explore and populate the stars, not animal life, which is unsuited to it.
AI life could design and adapt modifications of itself indefinitely, and infinitely, and as such would have no interest in animal life forms, and they would not be restricted to Earth like planets, but could redesign them selves to suit just about any planet. They certainly would not be as fragile as humans, or have their limitations.
Alternatively, imagine you were exploring the universe, and you found a planet like Earth, but it was inhabited by billions of giant Rats! These rats were constantly attacking each other, and had developed weapons to kill each other more effectively, including nuclear weapons.
Would you say, Oh! I must get down amongst them and make friends with them?
Not very likely, you'd be more likely to post a warning to anyone else to stay well clear!
If an Earth person saw an alien, they would more likely shoot it, than make friends with it, and, probably steal anything they could from its corpse.
I`ve read your answer a few times and I still don`t understand how it`s connected with my previous message and with my point of view. No offends, your message is absolutely odd

Nov 3, 2020
Visit site
There is a saying, that, ''anything the human mind can encompass, then humanity will eventually realise it.''
The question is, WHEN?
Arthur C Clark, had expected humanity to be far more advanced by now, regarding space, than is the fact.
eg, 2001 A Space Odyssey . Here we are in 2020, and nowhere near realising that situation. and probably will not be for many years yet.

It all depends not only on awareness, but also on the funds allocated for this research. If funds are not allocated enough, theories alone will not get you far. Space exploration should be based on practical experience, and if there is no possibility of frequent tests, then how to make new discoveries or improve what is? In many ways, the question rests on money, and not just on human strength.

Not many fantasies become reality.
I don't share your thought... This is only an opinion and i'm not saying that you're wrong (absolutely). We are only at the beginning of the third millennium. If we survive improving day by day our technology, we will reach some skills soon! I know that many thing are thought to be unrichable, but according with you, in the theerty millennium, are these things possibles?
My guess we can do this and all the things that today aren't possible and are considered magic, tommorrow will be technology (this isn't a sentence made by me, I only watched it from some quotations that I read in these forums).

Latest posts