Is it time to put a dimmer on the push for space solar power?

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
There are two states of microwaves, pulsed and steady. Pulsed is what our microwave ovens do. Steady is what we get on and off at all times from space . . . life, most especially wildlife such as birds, handles it just fine, taking it for granted. And it would be a 24/7 all climates and weathers (if I remember correctly) source of power.

Steady state microwave from space was advocated to solar-power-type farms, as being enormously safer for wildlife than solar-power (I've seen enough dead birds around solar farms and wind farms in passing in California to make me sick at my stomach.

My thoughts for receiving stations for steady-state microwave transmitted from space are rooftop receiving stations spread out throughout cities, as the farms, with rural areas having centralized solar farm-like receiver station areas set up for the purpose. There wouldn't be piles and piles of dead birds, and other dead wildlife, left to rot or to be removed.

The solution that I called geothermal is far from conventional geothermal. Pardon me. My ignorance.

The wells I refer to are far deeper and the reservoir is planet wide.

Today's oil and gas holes are about a mile deep. Some are a little deeper. Geo wells are a little shallower. They can be corrosive and salty. High maintenance and waste material. Little incentive to go full bore. I'm sure exploratory wells have gone deeper.

Maybe at most $3-5 million to drill is what I read from fossil supply reports.

But the geo power I refer to is deeper, I'm talking 5-10 miles deep. Maybe even deeper. Much more difficult with different problems. A new art form. And much more expensive. At first. And many innovators trying different methods to drill these deep holes. It's hard down there. Ask Howard Hughes.

Once a cost effective hole can be made, fossil fuel will see it's ending. At least for electric generation. One will need new battery tech to beat fossil for travel. We can't manufacture enough rubber for EV. A rubber dust landscape. Rubber dust lungs. What about all the rubber emission, is it on the list?

Can our roads and bridges even support EV tractor trucks? How would you like to get hit with one? A locomotive. How long will our roads last? Are we really solving problems?

Latest posts