Is it true???????????

• Thread starter abhinavkumar_iitr05
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

abhinavkumar_iitr05

We all know that every mass has its own gravity effect.<br /><br />Here my purpose to post is to know whether the photons also has its gravitational field?<br /><br /><br />As always all the views & ideas are whole heartedly welcomed.

N

nexium

Photons have zero rest mass, but they travel a c (some what less in a dense medium) That infers that photon typically have mass and thus a gravitational field. Neil

C

centsworth_II

My reading does not go very deep but I have never read anything indicating that gravity had to be accounted for in even the most fine-tuned calculations of particle interactions. <br /><br />If gravity is carried by a particle, the graviton, wouldn't a photon need to be capable of emitting gravitons to have a gravitational field? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

N

newtonian

I do not think photons have mass or gravitational fields. There may be some link between the electromagnetic force and gravity at the instant of the big bang - but thus far no grand unification theory works for this.<br /><br />However, I do not know if photons are involved in the propagation of dark energy.<br /><br />Perhaps dark matter propagates dark energy along with gravity?<br /><br />I wouldn't want to make light of the matter - but then everything would be lighter if that was the case - Correct??? <br /><br />I.e. if matter is converted into energy, then gravity is reduced?<br /><br />Such that the gravity of our universe increased when energy was converted into matter????<br /><br />And therefore the universe expanded???<br /><br />Of course, that makes no sense unless one considers dark energy also.

A

abhinavkumar_iitr05

If the photons don't have gravitational field thn does it not mean that the overall Gravitational energy is being reduced as the mass is always converted to the energy in the stars.Does it means that the speed of the expansion of the universe will go on increasing as the gravitational force will go on decreasing & does it not fix the end of our this universe?<br /><br />Now let's see in other form considering the gravity as only the curvature of space & time & nothing else.Then what actually happens is that the space around the photon is curved to a very very small extent as tangent to the curve depend on mass.Thus this picture will help in resolving the problem.Does't it????<br /><br />Further comments are welcomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts