Is the snow detected by Pheonix CO2 or water snow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deapfreeze

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Can we tell the difference if it doesn't reach the ground? <br /> Posted by willpittenger</DIV></p><p>I believe I read it is CO2 not water.&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font size="2" color="#0000ff"><em>William ( deapfreeze ) Hooper</em></font></p><p><font size="1">http://deapfreeze-amateur-astronomy.tk/</font></p><p> </p> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I believe I read it is CO2 not water.&nbsp; <br />Posted by deapfreeze</DIV><br /><br />No it is water ice. And technically it's not snow since it hasn't yet reached the ground yet, sublimating at 2.5 km.</p><p>The technical term is virga.</p><p>But NASA used the snow word, so that's what's being reported.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.