ISS Assembly question

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

willpittenger

When the US lab was attached, how did they do that? As I recall, that location was where the PMA used to dock the orbiter was at. So somehow you had to move the PMA while the orbiter was docked -- and then do it again after the lab is attached. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Will Pittenger<hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Add this user box to your Wikipedia User Page to show your support for the SDC forums: <div style="margin-left:1em">{{User:Will Pittenger/User Boxes/Space.com Account}}</div> </div>

E

erioladastra

<br />The orbiter docked at a different PMA (PMA3). PMA2 was removed and stowed on Z1. The lab was then mated to the node, and then PMA2 remated to the front. The only time someone will dock to other than PMA2 I believe.

W

willpittenger

That's where I got mixed up. Node 1 was launched with 2 PMAs -- one on either end. Presumably they were preattached. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Will Pittenger<hr style="margin-top:0.5em;margin-bottom:0.5em" />Add this user box to your Wikipedia User Page to show your support for the SDC forums: <div style="margin-left:1em">{{User:Will Pittenger/User Boxes/Space.com Account}}</div> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts