ISS Modules? I Know I Know To Much ISS Hoopla...

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

john_316

I was wondering why the US had contracted Italy to finish the Habitation module?<br /><br />I mean this is like 5 things they have built for ISS. I mean did we even build Unity or did they?<br /><br />It seems more and more to me that all we did was build the Solar Arrays and fly alot of the material up there.<br /><br />So in my guestimation where did all these cost overruns come from to scale back the ISS? <br /><br />To be frank and honest I think the cost overruns were 1.) a jobs continuation program for other nations or 2.) embezzled monies from the US gov to again out-sourced companies abroad.<br /><br /><br />I keep seeing that Italy will finish node 3 and we the USA just own it. Why couldnt we build the modules ourselves? <br /><br />Is Italy going to build the CEV as well? I mean the day that happens I think we need to remove people in legislative office and in NASA adminstration forcefully. <br /><br />I mean if were going to outsource why not give all the money to Russia to build the stuff. Seems like NASA are too much of a good benfactor than were good administrators of US Tax dollars. <br /><br />Oh thats right all that money was sent to build Clintons Library.<br /><br />So where did all the money go and is this information available by the Freedom of Information Act?<br /><br />Or did Goldin just help his buddies in the Aerospace industry with big payouts?????<br /><br /><br />Inquiring minds want to know............. <br /> <br />

E

erioladastra

"I mean did we even build Unity or did they? "<br /><br />We built the Node, PMAs, Lab (big one don't forget!), Airlock, the entire truss section etc. The main communication and video links are all US assets. Inetgrated testing, transportation and assembly are not insignificant costs. <br /><br />So I think your premise might need some updating.<br /><br />

S

steve82

"I was wondering why the US had contracted Italy to finish the Habitation module?"<br /><br />Not true. The US has not contracted Italy to build the hab module. After the US Hab module was axed due to huge cost overruns by Boeing/NASA, there have been various proposals and studies brought forth to put some hab functionality into Node 3 but there is no contract of any sort for the Italians to build a hab module.

Status
Not open for further replies.