Jean-Luc assembles a crew in 'Star Trek: Picard' episode 3

Feb 7, 2020
Visit site
Mostly agreed with your assessment, but I give it a slightly higher rating. I did enjoy the episode a lot. Regarding the flat beer:

"How does Raffi get fired from Starfleet? Navy officers can't get fired. "
No, but she mentioned that they revoked her security clearance. She was tainted by her association with and loyalty to Picard, so I surmised that they made her Starfleet career unpleasant and unfulfilling enough to get her to resign, which she did, and for which she was bitter over the loss of her career.

"That Picard doesn't contact Raffi for 14 years seems a little out of character."
Agreed, and I hope this is explained later. Perhaps despite their friendship Picard felt it too painful to speak to her, and kept burying those feelings so as not to have to deal with them. Cosmos knows I've certainly done things like that.

"When Starfleet cancelled the evacuation, even the Vulcans agreed?!"
I surmised that the Vulcan High Command at the time thought it the more logical response.

"Having an EMH that looks almost identical to yourself is a little creepy."
Well, Rios is a little full of himself. Nifty that the EMH and the ENH had different accents. (MORE IRISH ACCENTS IN STAR TREK PLEASE!)

"Narek and his sister having an almost incestuous relationship."
Agreed.

Vaz

Jan 5, 2020
Visit site
I'm more curious as to why a "review" (let's be honest, it's not.a review - they're just massive episodic spoilers) of a television show, is appearing on a (credible) space website and written by someone who isn't even a fan of any past star trek...

Feb 7, 2020
Visit site
I'm more curious as to why a "review" (let's be honest, it's not.a review - they're just massive episodic spoilers) of a television show, is appearing on a (credible) space website and written by someone who isn't even a fan of any past star trek...

Why are you gatekeeping? "Someone who isn't even a fan of any past Star Trek"? Where are you getting that from?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts