Jericho

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Caliak

So is any other network going to pick it up. The alternate ending on the DVD set is a little interesting. An 2nd American Civil war? Interesting.

J

jmilsom

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>So is any other network going to pick it up. The alternate ending on the DVD set is a little interesting. An 2nd American Civil war? Interesting. <br />Posted by Caliak</DIV></p><p>I am watching this now for the first time on Australian SciFi and am up to about episode 14. I see it is another of the many series that are produced that have potential but end up axed.&nbsp;I liked it at first but&nbsp;I am starting to see why the audience dropped off. Surviving a nuclear holocaust&nbsp;is a really interesting theme for a SciFi series, but it really isn't well realised in Jericho. Residents experince mild discomfort, while it slowly transforms into a frontier trading society. And we have to suffer through all Director's boring takes on relationships. </p><p>It is such a great topic, I wish someone would do it properly. Perhaps use George's Stewart's <em>Earth Abides</em> as a starting point. In <em>Earth Abides</em>, it is a disease that wipes out humanity, but so many are lost that the scattered survivors slowly amalgamate into tribes in a decaying world. </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

C

Caliak

Interesting comparrison but a flawed one I feel. Feels more like&nbsp; "The Stand" by King to me.

J

jmilsom

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Interesting comparrison but a flawed one I feel. Feels more like&nbsp; "The Stand" by King to me. <br />Posted by Caliak</DIV></p><p>I am not comparing it to Earth Abides, I am wishing someone would make a series more like the story in Earth Abides. Have not read The Stand, so can't comment.&nbsp;What is starting to bug me with Jericho is that it is so 'nice'. A nuclear holocaust in an horrific thing and the writers have not borne that out with their script. </p><p>To be a bit more positive, when I started watching Jericho, I was intrigued and really liked the series. I think the actors put in great performances, but the writing and storyline seems a little weak to me. I feel they could be doing so much more. That being said, I haven't got through it all yet, so my revise my feelings at the end. </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

J

jmilsom

I must eat my earlier words. I just watched the episodes with the marines, and then the death due to loss of power at the hospital and these were engaging and well realised. I should reserve my judgement until I've seen them all! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts