Jupiter's ocean moon Europa may have deep-sea volcanoes

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
Wolfshadw, (I have seen you addressed with an 'o' - which do you prefer?)
I have posted elsewhere that although electronics might be difficult to develop in an aqueous environment, who knows what interactions there might be between dark matter/energy and any lifeform. (95v5%).

Cat :)

Wolfshadw

Wolfshadw, (I have seen you addressed with an 'o' - which do you prefer?)
Should never be addressed with an "o". I tried that some 25+ years ago and the name was already taken. I've been "Wolfshadw" ever since (but thanks for asking!). :)

I have posted elsewhere that although electronics might be difficult to develop in an aqueous environment, who knows what interactions there might be between dark matter/energy and any lifeform. (95v5%).
Exactly. Our technology has evolved based on our environment. Who knows what millennia in some other environment (say an aqueous one) could develop.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: Catastrophe

Catastrophe

I remember, a few decades ago, there was (I believe) the first and only BB. Inevitably, it was called micro something. In the (normal) situation there were never more than half a dozen posts at a time (or an hour) but there was no buffer, so any new messages just overwrote the oldest.

Cat :)

Wolfshadw

While I was familiar with the old bulletin boards in the late 80s (a USAF Sgt friend of mine introduced me to one while he played Leisure Suit Larry), it was AOL that really got me started in the mid 90s.

But I think we've strayed far enough off topic. We now return you to your regularly scheduled forum posts.

-Wolf sends

Should never be addressed with an "o". I tried that some 25+ years ago and the name was already taken. I've been "Wolfshadw" ever since (but thanks for asking!). :)
Oh! That's interesting. ;)

Exactly. Our technology has evolved based on our environment. Who knows what millennia in some other environment (say an aqueous one) could develop.
All those little critters at the bottom of Earth's deep dark ocean, and adjacent to volcanic vents, suggest that any Europa dives should take along both nets and Cajun spices. ;)

Catastrophe

While I was familiar with the old bulletin boards in the late 80s (a USAF Sgt friend of mine introduced me to one while he played Leisure Suit Larry), it was AOL that really got me started in the mid 90s.

But I think we've strayed far enough off topic. We now return you to your regularly scheduled forum posts.

-Wolf sends

Ah! Mine was in UK ;)

Here is an interesting report that touches upon life on other worlds. 'Research may help illuminate origins of life on Earth', https://phys.org/news/2021-05-illuminate-life-earth.html "One of the fundamental themes in astrobiology is to seek to ascertain the origin and distribution of life in the cosmos. As part of this, the field also deals with how life may be transferred from one planetary system to another..."

Interesting article at space.com on life at Europa (the article references *life* 6x). Has life been confirmed at Europa? Consider Galileo and his observations at Jupiter used against geocentric astronomy - those observations are confirmed. Assuming life is discovered at Europa, then how did it get there? My observation. The phys.org report features abiogenesis and panspermia origin of life views. Abiogenesis has not been observed operating in nature since Charles Darwin letter expressing the view of life arising in a warm little pond, and panspermia remains unobserved and verified too. This applies to life evolving at Europa and living there today, above the surface or below. Life at Europa remains unverified. However, using my telescopes I can still see the Galilean moons at Jupiter that Galileo reported in the early 1600s so this is definitely confirmed science :)

Latest posts