Just a question

• Thread starter abhinavkumar_iitr05
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

abhinavkumar_iitr05

Dear board member I just want to know that how the astronomer know the direction in the space?In simple words how the astronomer able to direct the space chip to any particular planet?<br />I know this is a very simple question but it has made me to think.

N

newtonian

abhinavkumar_iitr05 - I'm not sure what your question is, but here are two tries:<br /><br />1. If you are referring to computer programmed telescopes that automatically find planets, etc. - I don't know how programmers program the computer chip - but there are online programs available that will show where planets are according to location (very accurate satellite positioning available) and time, date.<br /><br />2. Or, do you mean how and why astronomers consider north to be up?<br /><br />That is one of my questions, based on this Scripture plus astronomy:<br /><br />(Job 26:7) . . .He is stretching out the north over the empty place, Hanging the earth upon nothing;<br /><br />In the latter case, it may mean that God views our solar system in such a way, i.e. from such a location, that north is indeed up or over.<br /><br />I'm sure this also has to do with why cartographers consider north to be up or over - compare globes of earth, etc. - i.e. the most ancient derivation of maps showing north is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts