Just Bringing the Outer Limits of the Solar System to the fore once more.

And:

Never dull, always interesting, I think.

"Waitin" for what? In answering your question with such a question, I thought it was obvious I really had no answer, so in what came to me I was just extending the question to the known colder innermost region of the sun itself (deep outside, deep inside). Must have been over your head and too much for you. Sorry about that, Harry, I'll try to be more careful (not too wide, not too deep) in any thoughts and questions to you in the future. I thought you were up to a thought and question -- taking a relay, so to speak -- regarding such temperatures in the other direction (deepest inside) of the solar system. My mistake.

Last edited:
What I'm wondering now is whether entire galaxies are ringed by such belts and clouds as the solar system is? Illustrative pictures and looks are the same. Lots there and, of course, not necessarily reflective (dark and/or shadow matter) . . . One day to become galactic matter.

Just as a a forming star system ejects bodies, I don’t doubt that some of those bodies are ejected by systems near the borders. In addition, Star systems may be ejected by others. That may be the result of globular cluster ‘evaporation’ to some extent. Note that the population of globular clusters in our galaxy are scattered spherically more so than within the disc, kinda like our Oort Cloud.

Reactions: Atlan0001
Billions of years ago there is a possibility that our sun released the solar envelope in the form of an hourglass.

Water and other miscellaneous light elements ejected further than heavy elements.

Finding these rocks out there made up possibly mostly ICE made of water.

ICY if it's a better word.

Reactions: Atlan0001
The Solar wind is electrons and neutrons so tends to be more neutral is the clearest answer. Ice doesn't have metals is why % or gradients are needed. Cosmic rays are charged as protons and will hit matter with metal preferentially, maybe carbon. Ice disintegrates in vacuum; we can see through it to other worlds, but dust content matters. Some objects's peripheries may be ice out there. Lensing a rare brown dwarf with a satellite for utility power is all there may be mass for. More interesting to me is how preferentially cosmic rays scour surfaces and leave radiation ice vs. rock. I'd like natural biolistics seed satellites to the Oort Cloud. IDK how toxicEris is. Ice would be useful for making air for plants. If I want a pond water kit of safe micro-organisms water ice might be safe to harvest. An ejected ice moon will have ice around it if it is fast, nothing if not.

"Using the density of Kuiper Belt Objects to constrain their composition and formation history"​

The paper suggests 70% rock estimate of Kuiper Belt objects by mass.