life, microbes, and artifacts in caves in our solar system

Dec 8, 2021
Visit site
if we have junk in our caves, on mars we could have remainders of an archaic civilization hidden in caves, or microbes in water in the moon, or even a palace of ice on Neptune if we can explore it

how we can get to the caves are robots, tethered with diamond or hardened fiber optics, and retrieved with more robotics, since losing men in a space cave with equipment is a bad deal

what does everyone think? maybe we can find an alien skeleton on mars or Uranus or even the moon?

Wolfshadw

I seriously doubt we'll find anything as complicated as primitive life on any other body other than the Earth. The search for life in our solar system is pretty much limited to bacteria and microbes. Still even that would be a significant discovery.

As for sending humans into space and colonizing other planets/moons, it has to happen eventually if we want the human race to survive. I see no reason to not start once we're fairly certain of the technology needed to get a colony started.

-Wolf sends

if we have junk in our caves, on mars we could have remainders of an archaic civilization hidden in caves, or microbes in water in the moon, or even a palace of ice on Neptune if we can explore it

how we can get to the caves are robots, tethered with diamond or hardened fiber optics, and retrieved with more robotics, since losing men in a space cave with equipment is a bad deal

what does everyone think? maybe we can find an alien skeleton on mars or Uranus or even the moon?
The use of robotic probes is well underway and not just safer but far more economical. The caves, even if empty lava tubes, will be important not only for exploring but for establishing a future shelter site for human establishments.

I seriously doubt we'll find anything as complicated as primitive life on any other body other than the Earth. The search for life in our solar system is pretty much limited to bacteria and microbes. Still even that would be a significant discovery.
Agreed.

For some reason, the idea of, say, tubular larvae in lava tubes has a certain appeal, but maybe only for me. Reminds me of the old llama jokes. ;)

Dec 8, 2021
Visit site

As for sending humans into space and colonizing other planets/moons, it has to happen eventually if we want the human race to survive. I see no reason to not start once we're fairly certain of the technology needed to get a colony started.

-Wolf sends
im not sure, we dont know the consistency of space and density of bones so we dont know if theres any bones hidden under the surface, but they could've deterorated to dust over the past eons, which is why soil samples are so important. you never know, one day we could get a soil sample from mars and find actual bones from martians

Latest posts