Live Go now

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

earth_bound_misfit

I guess you're referring to the Smithsonian -Apollo 40 year gig.
It was quite interesting. Wow Buzz is passionate about getting to Mars. Great speeches all round.
Buzz for President :)

T

Testing

The main point I saw them all make, mostly Armstrong, was that space exploration is an investment and important venture. It needs to have national support not at the whim of a four year political agenda.
Testing

R

RonMaverick

Testing":vez4rzvh said:
You missed the deal of the Century. Sorry.

I am sure it will be on TheScienceNetwork.com or something. :cry:

C

Chryseplanatia

Ungh. I read about it; not sure I can take Buzz going off about Mars again. Not that I disagree, and I definitely respect his passion,and I would never posture my opinions against the Pantheon of moon explorers... BUT... I think we are much more likely to pull off a lunar venture than a Mars one.

As mentioned, given the pendular nature of politics and the lack of a martyred president and a classic "enemy," I fear that either project is pretty unlikely at this point. But just WAIT till all those senators get hot-n-bothered about the Chinese landing on the moon and setting up shop in Tranquility Base. They will scream, "Who was asleep at the switch? HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN??" and you and I, my friends, will be there to remind them that it was... THEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts