Status
Not open for further replies.
N

newsartist

I'm actually surprised I got on today!

For several days, I have either been unable to log in, or got locked up when reading a thread, or trying to post.

This is the only site it happens at, and is VERY similar to what used to happen on whatever software was in use when I joined SDC way back....

It just causes my computer to become, "not responding", requiring a reboot to clear it.

Way back when, this was related to particular ads running. I haven't noticed any specific connections to content this time; (there may be one, but I simply haven't noticed.)

Now to see what I have missed...?

*edit* this posted OK, and actually seemed faster doing so than in the past month.

Y

yevaud

Know what you need? Calli and I both use these: a good "Hosts" file. It'll prevent hundreds upon hundreds of ads, popups, cookie-phishers, etc., from even connecting. Speeds you up a LOT.

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.zip

You go to My Computer --> C:/Windows/System32/Drivers/Etc. directory. Rename the hosts file already there as hosts.mvp, then unzip the above file to that directory. That's it. Voila'!

N

newsartist

On the off chance somebody of import reads this?

The problem is between this website and IE, (which I have to use at work.)

Firefox works 95% of the time from home, IE about 1% of the time before the computer goes unresponsive.

It is only happening HERE,on this website, at home and at work (that makes four different computers, all running updated WIndows XP, and current anti virus.).

I just double checked here, and IE crashed before I even got to read a single post. I replied to the Airbus thread via Firefox and it was fine, as I am also posting here.

M

MeteorWayne

Which IE is it newsie? I am having no problems with my IE7 setup.

D

doublehelix

newsartist":7z3f6dzd said:
On the off chance somebody of import reads this?

The problem is between this website and IE, (which I have to use at work.)

Firefox works 95% of the time from home, IE about 1% of the time before the computer goes unresponsive.

It is only happening HERE,on this website, at home and at work (that makes four different computers, all running updated WIndows XP, and current anti virus.).

I just double checked here, and IE crashed before I even got to read a single post. I replied to the Airbus thread via Firefox and it was fine, as I am also posting here.

Paul, the best place to post something like this is in Community Relaunch Feedback.

Which version of IE are you using? That could be an important detail. I use IE7 almost every day with the three boards, and have not encountered any problems. So, I can't replicate the situation to trouble shoot it.

Anyway, there is no doubt a thread about login issues in Feedback. Our developers read that forum, btw.

N

newsartist

Meg, I'll have to check at work, (I THINK it's IE7. Home is IE7/ Windows XP.

I brought my computer to work today and tried the WiFi from there. Same situation.

Home WiFi and work connections are all Verizon, (only common link?)

paul

D

doublehelix

I wonder if any security settings could be contributing to the problem?

D

drwayne

At home here I run IE7 on XP, on a netbook. At work it is IE7 with Vista

I have more problems here at homeoften when posting. I would say 1 time in 5 after
I submit the post, it will indicate that it can not load the next page. It is happening
enoough that I will do a copy of some posts to enable me to repost.

In both locations (home,here) it s like there is a limit on the number of times that
I can stay logged in. After leaving and coming back 4 or 5 times, I will be logged
off.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.