Losmandy GM-8 Dual Axis VS. Orion Atlas EQ-G GOTO

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mrastrophoto

<span style="font-size:12px;-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing:2px;-webkit-border-vertical-spacing:2px" class="Apple-style-span">I'm sure you all get tired of debating things like these two mounts, but I really am strung between the two.&nbsp;<br /><br />Things I like about the Losmandy:&nbsp;<br />-Machined Exterior (not plastic)&nbsp;<br />-Very sturdy&nbsp;<br />-Excellent Ratings&nbsp;<br />-True Quality Mount&nbsp;<br /><br />Things I like about the Atlas EQ-G GOTO&nbsp;<br />-GOTO feature&nbsp;<br />-Sturdy&nbsp;<br />-Good Ratings&nbsp;<br /><br />I guess its between American made and Chinese made mounts. I believe that they both track superbly, from the pictures i've seen.&nbsp;<br /><br />There both excellent mounts, but I am just not sure what would best suit me. I am fairly new to astro-photography, and (lm challenged at finding objects in the sky) maybe the Atlas is more learner-friendly then the Losmandy. I guess you could say, I really want a mount that will last me a life time. In the future I may want to add on my 8" dob if that has any effects on it.&nbsp;<br /><br />Thanks,&nbsp;<br />Ben</span> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts