Luminosity

Page 3 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
I thought I had already answered it in #13, no? :)
Well then, you gave us the equation to calculate the luminosity of an object. The equation is important, expecially in this case, but it isn't enough to understand the limit of luminosity since the maximum temperature that an object can assume (stars, quasars, blazars, something undiscovered yet) is unknown...

We can't actually know the limits of temperature, but only the highest ridge ever meansured.

Reactions: Catastrophe

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
OP asked: "Is there a limit to luminosity?"

Sure there is. Higher and higher luminosity requires higher and higher temperature/energy. Higher and higher levels of anything require faster and faster levels of return to lower levels. It's entropy driven.

Cat :)

Jul 27, 2021
Visit site
Anything 'highest' will be driven by entropy to a lower lever.

Cat :)
Yes.
AGN exploration is still hard and uncertain, it is dependent on the black hole to be fed. Though they are showing to be stable.

High luminosities imply high masses such that gravity can combat radiation pressure, which would otherwise blow the object apart. AGN therefore are of very high mass density, and it has long been assumed that they consist of a massive black hole, accreting the gas and dust at the center of a galaxy.
The matter probably has some angular momentum, which causes it to orbit the black hole and, through dissipation of energy, flatten to form a disk.

Matter of time (from observer point if vew, of course).

Well, just like Einstein set the limits of speed, Planck set the limits of heat. It's called Planck temperature, it's 10-to-the-power-32 Kelvin. :)

Soooo...there is actually a maximum level!
I knew the limit of the speed, the smallest length or something else,now I don't remember, but I would have never imagined there was a limit for it.
I'm sorry

Latest posts