'Mad Mike' Hughes, daredevil who built a homemade steam rocket, dies in launch attempt

Feb 14, 2020
Visit site
Big dummy went & got himself killed. I feel bad for his family & friends. My condolences go out to them.
I wonder how high he got & what went wrong however.

Reactions: Hari

Sam

Jan 5, 2020
Visit site
Newser said the parachute ripped off at launch. Sounds like it deployed early. I doubt not deployed it would rip off. Too many Gs maybe could do it. Mont not strong enough.

Big dummy went & got himself killed. I feel bad for his family & friends. My condolences go out to them.
I wonder how high he got & what went wrong however.

Pretty obvious from the video, the 'chute deployed way too early after launching... there was no chute available for landing and therefore SPLAT. Sad but also a bit funny... like a Road Runner cartoon? Condolences to all his friends and family.

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
This tragedy just confirms the fact that the so-called Science Channel is not about science. It's about pseudo science and stunts

Discovery Channel is more or less the same. They air "fake-u-mentaries" that are meant to look like real documentaries about things like the Loch Ness Monster or the extinct megalodon with completely fabricated information from fake experts. If you watch closely during the credits, you'll see the "for entertainment purposes only" disclaimer.

They don't do this to intentionally mislead people (even though that is what happens), though. They do it for the ratings, which keeps the lights on. Everything costs too much to run these days.

Latest posts