mars exploration rover spirit (wheel jammed)

Page 2 - Seeking answers about space? Join the Space community: the premier source of space exploration, innovation, and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>&nbsp;I *think* he was talking about your sig MW.&nbsp;&nbsp; Cjww, It's from the original movie&nbsp; of "Forbidden Planet" <br />Posted by summoner</DIV><br /><br />Ahh, Ok that makes some sense. Yes, my sigline refers to one of the top 3 Sci-Fi movies of all time, Forbidden Planet.</p><p>Evereyone should watch it at least once, just like the Original "The Day the Earth STood Still" :)</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

R

rubicondsrv

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>&nbsp;????? I'd say that's a bit harsh rubi.&nbsp; <br />Posted by summoner</DIV><br /><br />I just edited it.</p><p>is the current form better</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

V

vattas

<p>Sorry, but it seems like cjww is smoking something heavy...</p><p>Speaking of the winds - I don't think there's any way to determine the direction of the wind by either of the rovers. They don't have instruments for that. And there's not much stuff being blown around to determine it from the photos (no leaves or papers :) )</p>

S

samkent

<p>To those it concerns. </p><p>Please use caps and periods. I have a very hard time understanding what you are trying to say. A spell checker would clean things up nice.</p>

C

cjww

ok i like this but one thing no one has said is global dust storms that is when the whole planet is coverd in raging storm just like tornados in the united states <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

C

cjww

<p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the&nbsp;Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id??? is this a film of some sort??</font></em></font></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

C

cjww

[never mind that i just read that source ages ago and has nothing to do with what we are on about sorry for confusing you!!! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

C

cjww

<p>so sombody knew wot it was!!</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

C

cjww

<p>look and listen i am not smoking something heavy you must be braindead for writing that.. all that i am trying to say is that way way back befoure both rovers sprit and oppytunity they were two mars landers viking lander one and viking lander 2&nbsp;but just after both landers started to fail it was&nbsp; viking lander one so had failing batteries! so ok fair enough it had to be shut of. but with viking lander 2&nbsp;it had&nbsp;lost contact with earth because somebody at nasa? was trying to upload battery saving data but instead ended up interfering with the communication data wiping everything off!...</p><p>i looked it up on one of nasa's websites thats why i said little sod!! </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

C

cjww

<p>[rQUOTE]sod&nbsp;may be construed as&nbsp;profanity in the context that you are using it.you may want to consider removing&nbsp;it.profanity from other dialects/languages is still profanity.edited 7:26 pm <br />Posted by rubicondsrv[/QUOTE]</p><p>rubi listen you cannot just delete VITAL MEMORY ON SOMETHING THAT COST MILLIONS OF DOLLERS OF A TAXPAYERS MONEY&nbsp;ON A LANDER LIKE THAK, 1.11 MILLION FOR ROCKET ,2.000.000.000 MILLION FOR DESINE AND BUILD OF THE VIKING A FURTHER 3 AND A HALF MILLION ADD 1 MILLON FOR COMMUNICATION AND DATA SERCH ON BUT DELETING VITAL SOFTWARE ON ON VIKING LANDER 2 ABSOLUTLY PRICELESS!!!</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

C

cjww

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Sorry, but it seems like cjww is smoking something heavy...Speaking of the winds - I don't think there's any way to determine the direction of the wind by either of the rovers. They don't have instruments for that. And there's not much stuff being blown around to determine it from the photos (no leaves or papers :) ) <br />Posted by vattas</DIV><br />ONE I AM NOT SOMKIN CANNABIS IF THATS WOT YOU THINK AND 20 THEY SORT OF DO LIKE YOU KNOW THESE MACHINES THAT MESSURE EARTHQUAKES WELL SPIRIT HAS 2 WHILE STRANGELY ENOUGH OPPYTUNITY HAS ONE I THINKS THATS SUPPOSED WERE SPIRIT IS IN LOCATION THE EXPECT MORE TREMOURS KINDA THING REALLY <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>ONE I AM NOT SOMKIN CANNABIS IF THATS WOT YOU THINK AND 20 THEY SORT OF DO LIKE YOU KNOW THESE MACHINES THAT MESSURE EARTHQUAKES WELL SPIRIT HAS 2 WHILE STRANGELY ENOUGH OPPYTUNITY HAS ONE I THINKS THATS SUPPOSED WERE SPIRIT IS IN LOCATION THE EXPECT MORE TREMOURS KINDA THING REALLY <br />Posted by cjww</DIV><br /><br />Look, cjww.</p><p>You came in here in some kind of a panic about an issue we've known about for years.</p><p>You apparently can't put together a sentence using proper grammer, which makes it very hard to read.</p><p>And now you are shouting in ALL CAPS.</p><p>What exactly are you trying to accomplish?</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

D

doublehelix

<p><font color="#0000ff">cjww, please refrain from making posts in ALL CAPS.&nbsp; It sounds like you're yelling.&nbsp; I will also kindly ask you to chill out, too.</font></p><p><font color="#0000ff">Thanks,</font></p><p><font color="#0000ff">-dh </font></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#3366ff">doublehelix, Community Manager<br />Imaginova </font></p> </div>

C

centsworth_II

<font color="#333399"><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>...And now you are shouting in ALL CAPS.....<br /> Posted by MeteorWayne</DIV></font><br />Not to mention the fact that his last post is total nonsense, talking about Spirit and Opportunity measuring 'quakes. I wish!&nbsp; But since it is not true, I simply wish the nonsense would stop.&nbsp; I wouldn't even want to see "Unexplained" subjected to the likes of this.&nbsp; <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

C

centsworth_II

<font color="#333399"><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>cjww, please refrain from making posts in ALL CAPS. <br /> Posted by doublehelix</DIV><br /></font>That's the least of it.&nbsp; The content of his posts has become nothing but nonsense and untruths (as far as I can understand it). <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

C

cjww

ok fair enough but someone said i was somking something heavy AND THATS NOT FAIR vandetta cant just say that i felt a bit offended i mean come on. how would you feel? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

C

cjww

&nbsp;nothing i just want to get as much data out of sprit and oppytunity before nasa decides to pull the plug on them just because of somehing stupid like the credit crunch thats been looming for month now! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

C

cjww

GO JUMP IREAD WHAT I SEE ON NASA WEBSITES?<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>&nbsp;nothing i just want to get as much data out of sprit and oppytunity before nasa decides to pull the plug on them just because of somehing stupid like the credit crunch thats been looming for month now! <br />Posted by cjww</DIV><br /><br />We have no idea what you are replying to here.</p><p>No one has suggested (especially not NASA) that the plug is going to be pulled. Why are you so worked up?</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>GO JUMP IREAD WHAT I SEE ON NASA WEBSITES? <br />Posted by cjww</DIV><br /><br />See, and this post is what makes us wonder. You are shouting in all caps, and your post makes no sense whatsoever.</p><p>Can you possibly try and write a coherent sentence, without shouting in all caps, either making a statement or asking a question?</p><p>Otherwise, this thread is likely to wind up deleted. </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

K

kurt_wagner

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>So anyway, what have these rovers learned about Mars??? <br />Posted by job1207</DIV><br /><br />The Mars Exploration Rover/JPL/NASA website http://marsrovers.nasa.gov/science/&nbsp;links to a nice bibliographyhttp://marsrovers.nasa.gov/science/pdf/web_publist.pdf&nbsp; listing articles in science journals that discusses what has been learned from these instruments. It is largely geochemistry of the rocks, minerals, and soil and observations of the geomorphology, which allows hypotheses of the physical mechanisms causing such results. Along with a huge amount of magnificent photography this is a significant set of results. Add to it the accomplishment in mechanical, computer, and telerobotics that allowed two rovers of such complexity to survive launch, entry, landing, deployment and long duty on the surface. The controllers have overcome glitches that threatened the survival of both rovers - due to their skill, training and perseverance. We have learned an immense amount as a result of MER.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>http://www.flickr.com/photos/kurtwagner</p><p> </p> </div>

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'><font color="#ff0000">See, and this post is what makes us wonder. You are shouting in all caps, and your post makes no sense whatsoever.Can you possibly try and write a coherent sentence, without shouting in all caps, either making a statement or asking a question?Otherwise, this thread is likely to wind up deleted. <br /> Posted by MeteorWayne</font></DIV></p><p><strong><font size="2">Hi Wayne, I too am despairing of this thread. Despite what you have said & centsworth_II also, cjww still spouts nonsense. </font></strong></p><p><strong><font size="2">NASA has NO intention of pulling the plug on either Spirit or Opportunity. Sprit's right front whell has been gammy since well before the commencement of the first extended mission, now we are approaching the sixth extention, & Spirit is in an improving situation as the Martian Southern Spring Equinox approaches on Boxing Day (dust storms permitting).</font></strong></p><p><strong><font size="2">Excellent post kurt_wagner. I have copied it over to the Spirit Thread.&nbsp;</font></strong></p><p><strong><font size="2">I think both Wayne & rubicondsrv will agree with me that it is probably best to lock this thread before it descends into further farce.&nbsp;</font></strong></p><p><strong><font size="2">Andrew Brown.&nbsp;</font></strong></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080">"I suddenly noticed an anomaly to the left of Io, just off the rim of that world. It was extremely large with respect to the overall size of Io and crescent shaped. It seemed unbelievable that something that big had not been visible before".</font> <em><strong><font color="#000000">Linda Morabito </font></strong><font color="#800000">on discovering that the Jupiter moon Io was volcanically active. Friday 9th March 1979.</font></em></p><p><font size="1" color="#000080">http://www.launchphotography.com/</font><br /><br /><font size="1" color="#000080">http://anthmartian.googlepages.com/thisislandearth</font></p><p><font size="1" color="#000080">http://web.me.com/meridianijournal</font></p> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I think both Wayne & rubicondsrv will agree with me that it is probably best to lock this thread before it descends into further farce.&nbsp;Andrew Brown.&nbsp; <br />Posted by 3488</DIV><br /><br />Yep <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts