Mars Vision

Jan 19, 2020
Visit site
I notice many post telling us the difficulty of any sort of Mars colonization and they all speak to some valid concerns. My thoughts are to remember the difficulty and the same uncertainties the first pioneers had when comng to the new world centuries ago. They stepped in to new unknown places and with skill and perseverance managed to survive. That same kind of attitude will carry us to a colonization of Mars one day and a terreformation of that planet in the distant future.

Had an interesting idea maybe 10 years ago how to easily make mars a much better place.
Orbital mirrors focused on the ground of mars.
Focused Temperature releases all sorts of gas.

Not a short term project nor is it terraformed but safer and thicker atmosphere semi quickly.

Place a few mirrors on phobos and demos ideal.

Had an interesting idea maybe 10 years ago how to easily make mars a much better place.
Orbital mirrors focused on the ground of mars.
Focused Temperature releases all sorts of gas.
The number and size of mirrors, considering the 44% of Sunlight reaching Mars, would be impractical. Thousands of football-field-sized mirrors would do very little to change the temperature or atmosphere of Mars.
Without a Magnetosphere, and with low gravity, any gasses released would be swept away by the Solar Wind.
Not a short term project nor is it terraformed but safer and thicker atmosphere semi quickly.
After perhaps 50-100 years the 1% or less increase in atmosphere would be negligible.

The number and size of mirrors, considering the 44% of Sunlight reaching Mars, would be impractical. Thousands of football-field-sized mirrors would do very little to change the temperature or atmosphere of Mars.
Without a Magnetosphere, and with low gravity, any gasses released would be swept away by the Solar Wind.

After perhaps 50-100 years the 1% or less increase in atmosphere would be negligible.
Don't forget we are melting soil on mars. Rock gas,oxygen co2 etc etc released.
Like i said not terraforming or short term.
Mars would loose lots of it's lighter gasses without a magnetic field giant electrical needs project..

Other than crashing ceres into mars i doubt mars is really a terraform project.
I doubt that would ever happen.

We probably don't really need mars to be earth 2 anyway, just a place we call home as it is.